GDT: Stars @ Sabres 10/22/24, 7:00 PM EDT; MSG, ESPN+, WGR

LGR4GM

6 minutes ago, Stoner said:

And yet I scruted it.

Well at least say, "Excuse me, I scruted!"

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Good question, I'd hope not but he might be too young for Rochester.

I think everyone asking whether he's eligible to go to Roch is really asking that question.

6 minutes ago, #freejame said:

This type of language is offensive

Well the Sabres need more offense so

Ill Allow It GIF

30 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Maybe in some way playing in Rochester might do Benson some good:

-Confidence? I'm not a huge believer in it, but in Rochester he is likely to produce more points, thus get his confidence up a bit.

-Working on parts of his game.  Up in Buffalo, he NEEDS to fit into a system, He is placed not where he is best, but where it is best for the team he is.  Now, as good as he might be/is, I'm sure there are parts of his game that can be better. In Rochester he can be placed in situations where he can work on those parts of his game, not be forced into the spot that is best for the team.

Not saying they will do it, and my suspicion is they won't,  but if Benson was sent down to Rochester, he might come back a somewhat better player for it.

One of the things he needs to improve on is staying on his skates more. He can get knocked off the puck or he comes into battles off balance. 

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Benson, Kulich, and Levi are all still waivers exempt.

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Maybe in some way playing in Rochester might do Benson some good:

1 hour ago, Doohicksie said:

Wouldn't he have to go back to juniors?

Can we just get a pinned thread that explains the rules that Benson CANNOT go to Rochester. His is too young, Sabres would have to send him juniors. No way that happens. This has been discussed many many many times in so many threads.

Chicken head guy gets it ...

• Thanks (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:
1 hour ago, Doohicksie said:

Wouldn't he have to go back to juniors?

Can we just get a pinned thread that explains the rules that Benson CANNOT go to Rochester. His is too young, Sabres would have to send him juniors. No way that happens. This has been discussed many many many times in so many threads.

Chicken head guy gets it ...

I knew that was the case at the start of the season but not sure if it changes with his age, or the status is evaluated only on a certain during the year or just when the Ouija Board said he could go to Rochester or what.

24 minutes ago, Doohicksie said:

I knew that was the case at the start of the season but not sure if it changes with his age, or the status is evaluated only on a certain during the year or just when the Ouija Board said he could go to Rochester or what.

Zach Benson must be 20 on or before December 31st to be AHL eligible. He will not be. 

This applies to all CHL players. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

I want to be optimistic, but the Stars have been a WAGON to start the season and the Sabres...have not. I'm guessing something like 5-2 Stars, but hoping this is one of those games the Sabres come out and take it to a superior team and win like 4-1. 

I think some say Dallas plays a 'heavy' game, but to me they are more a blend of skill and size (not much speed). They have a lot of guys who work well together. Hintz is really the only forward the is a great skater (Dadanov maybe, but he doesn't play many minutes), but they have other guys with great hands, other guys who are good along the boards...and it seems on each line they have each player do the thing they are good at.

My opinion of them is, not a great transition team, won't outskate you, but when they do get in the offensive zone they are good at keeping the puck there, don't make a lot of mistakes in the neutral zone, and have very good goaltending.

The exact type of team that it SEEMS gives Buffalo problems. They wear you down, not with speed or always with size, but they just play a good solid game and when you get frustrated and make a mistake, they pounce on you.

Now, I don't know if any advanced stats back that up, but that is my impression of them.

Edited by mjd1001

51 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

what about a rehab stint?

He's never been placed on IR so that's a tough sell. Conditioning stint could be 2 weeks max I think but that's not happening. 

43 minutes ago, #freejame said:

He is able to do rehab and conditioning stints in the AHL after a certain amount of inactive time 

Correct. 

But to add, that doesn't make him AHL eligible.