GDT: Stars @ Sabres 10/22/24, 7:00 PM EDT; MSG, ESPN+, WGR

LGR4GM

Just now, JoeSchmoe said:

Gotta love when your goalie gives you a chance to win. Too many years where this wasn't the case.

For sure.  He should play again the next game.  We should ride this guy. He gets better when he plays.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Is Cozens the most snake bitten player in the world or does he just suck? That missed empty net near the end was absolutely brutal.

Its half way between.  He has been getting shots and chances all year. He can't really play 'better' in the offensive zone other than putting the puck in, hes in the right areas and is taking the shots.

The question is as it has been...Is he a 14% shooter like he was 2 years ago? Or is he an 8% shooter like he has been just about the rest of his career.

He shoots 14% hes scoring 30. He shoots 8% (or less) he's going to struggle to be a 15 goal scorer.

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

Dylan Cozens will be fine.  I saw it tonight 

Really? I must have missed it. I saw a guy playing too tentatively.

Also saw Power put in no effort to try and stop the second Stars goal.

• Agree 1

Lindy confirmed Dahlin is playing through an injury right?  Because woof.   This is the first time so far this season, where I can finally see something.  Good job Boys.  Thank you for waking the ***** up. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ... said:

Really? I must have missed it. I saw a guy playing too tentatively.

Also saw Power put in no effort to try and stop the second Stars goal.

I'm "OK" with his effort in the offensive zone.  Also, he hasn't made a dumb play in the defensive zone that I noticed for the last 2 games, so that is good.

He NEEDS to score though. He isn't a rookie that is working hard who just made the team where we can give him a thumbs up for effort. He's in his 5th season and is making $7m per year.  

10% shooting percentage. I don't need him to shoot 15-16%, I don't even need him to be near 14% like he was 2 years ago. Just get to, and maintain, 10% shooting percentage.  That is what a lot of 3rd liners do for you.  

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm "OK" with his effort in the offensive zone.  Also, he hasn't made a dumb play in the defensive zone that I noticed for the last 2 games, so that is good.

He NEEDS to score though. He isn't a rookie that is working hard who just made the team where we can give him a thumbs up for effort. He's in his 5th season and is making $7m per year.  

10% shooting percentage. I don't need him to shoot 15-16%, I don't even need him to be near 14% like he was 2 years ago. Just get to, and maintain, 10% shooting percentage.  That is what a lot of 3rd liners do for you.  

Well, three assists is absolutely earning his money tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

The Good:  UPL, Krebs, McLeod

The Bad:  The 3rd period once Dallas pulled the goalie.  

The Ugly:  The PP, the 2nd line primarily Cozens and Quinn. Serious Dylan, can’t you even hit an open net?  

Lots of positives in this game, but we serious need new ideas on both special teams.  The 6 on 5 play was terrible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • dislike 2

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

The Ugly:  The PP, the 2nd line primarily Cozens and Quinn. Serious Dylan, can’t you even hit an open net?  

Lots of positives in this game, but we serious need new ideas on both special teams.  The 6 on 5 play was terrible.

I don't agree with this. The Sabres held formation very well except the 2nd pulled goalie goal. They looked very composed.

That pp was not ugly. They actually looked dangerous. 

Quinn needs to find his game. He was meh. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Cozens played well. He hits the empty net and he is all of the sudden the hero of the Sabres. lol.  

It is only 8 games in a new system.  Cozens will be fine. He is a very good player.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Cozens got 3 assists tonight? did I miss something? My post was talking about Cozens.

Ah, I saw you quoting "Also saw Power put in no effort to try and stop the second Stars goal" so it sounded like you were referencing Power. My mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The PP was good.

They were effectively on a PK the last 5 minutes of the game against a good team and won.

This was a solid game all around.

• Agree 2