GDT: Sabres @ Chicago Blackhawks 10/19/24 8:00 PM EDT; MSG/CHSN, ESPN+

DarthEbriate

1 minute ago, BUFtoNCfan said:

They have great uniforms. 

I still like the Blackhawks uniforms a lot, like top 10 in the league for me, but I don't like them as much as I used to.

As a kid and even a teenage, I thought they were the best in all of sports. The colors, the colors of the feathers, when I looked at that logo there was something about it that was...almost 'magical' (as much as it can be for a logo).

I still like them, but I just don't have the same 'feeling' for them as I did in the past.

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I still like the Blackhawks uniforms a lot, like top 10 in the league for me, but I don't like them as much as I used to.

As a kid and even a teenage, I thought they were the best in all of sports. The colors, the colors of the feathers, when I looked at that logo there was something about it that was...almost 'magical' (as much as it can be for a logo).

I still like them, but I just don't have the same 'feeling' for them as I did in the past.

Exactly, loved them as a kid. I watched them as a kid because they were so different.

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

Cozens?!?!?!  Seriously dude, lift some F'in weights and muscle up!!!

I need him to score. Can Cozens get an empty netter so he has one at least?

Seriously though, he hasn't made a bad play without the puck today, but he's been taken off his feet a few times tonight by Chicago, and still isn't producing at all.

If McLeod and Krebs were your #2 and #3 centers (in either order) for a few games and Cozens was benched or allowed to bang away on the 4th line wing, I don't think this team would be worse for it, not a single bit.

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I need him to score. Can Cozens get an empty netter so he has one at least?

Seriously though, he hasn't made a bad play without the puck today, but he's been taken off his feet a few times tonight by Chicago, and still isn't producing at all.

If McLeod and Krebs were your #2 and #3 centers (in either order) for a few games and Cozens was benched or allowed to bang away on the 4th line wing, I don't think this team would be worse for it, not a single bit.

Perhaps, but he's making big bucks and is now an alternate C.  If he isn't scoring, then he should be hitting anything that moves to otherwise earn his keep.

• Like (+1) 1

Aube Kubel, when is he coming back?  I seem to remember for not being a huge guy and being pretty fast..he is one that liked to drop the gloves with when needed.

I think I read in the past he had fights in games vs both Sam Lafferty and one against Connor Clifton too.

Edited by mjd1001

20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Mixed emotions. If this organization was owned by someone different absolutely. 
I hate the decision making by committee with the analytics team making some and other being made by Forton and pro scouting 
My fear is who is going to replace him. 
 Karmanos and Ventura having the final decisions over the current structure is worth a try, with the caveat from all accounts no front office candidate worth his salt will work for Pegula. 
Forton being promoted would be a downturn as they would lose a lot of front office staff who I think are worth keeping around. 

You may have your reasons. You may even be completely right. But your posts over the last year really appear like you have some axe to grind with Forton. Did he kick your dog? Piss in your bushes? Because us on the “outside” are having trouble seeing the issue. 

That was ****. It was a perfectly fine hit.  To start a fight over a hit like that is B.S.

Your guy got hit and it looked perfectly legal, don't go after the guy that hit him...make fun of your teammate in the dressing room after the game for being lit up like that.

Maybe i'm missing something, I need to see the replay again, but it looked like the l hit was 100% legal..nothing even close not to.

And honestly, it was a good hit but he wasn't even 'lit up', why the reaction to that?

Edited by mjd1001