GDT: Sabres @ Chicago Blackhawks 10/19/24 8:00 PM EDT; MSG/CHSN, ESPN+

DarthEbriate

25 minutes ago, shrader said:

Any idea what the all time worst power play start to the season is?

I found this googling, not sure how true this is but looks like the pens had a rough start last year. Toronto went 51 attempts without a goal once but I'm not sure if that was to start the season.

"I googled that Toronto holds the NHL record of most consecutive powerplays without a goal (51). Pittsburgh is now 0/34 and 12 games without scoring pp goal and they have allowed some shorthanded goals during these games as well."

• Like (+1) 1

This was UPL best performance of the season.  He looked much more comfortable in the crease.  

0-4 on PP again.  0-21 for the season.  Embarrassing.  

Showed better resilience after coughing up the lead again.  Loved McLeod's effort on the empty net goal.

Sabres need to build on this effort, but they need to stop falling asleep as they did for most of the 2nd period.

Please note: my attention was divided as I watch Georgia upset No. 1 Texas in Austin 30-15.  Also dominating win by the Hoosiers over Nebraska.  Hoosiers now 7-0.  Crazy! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

We certainly didn’t dominate, they took it to us most of the second half of the game and UPL bailed us out the last several minutes. But a win is a win. 

Fourth night of a 3 game trip.  They got the win.  The good part is they held the lead and UPL looked good.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I was flipping from the Sabres and Yankees, which drives me nuts but mostly because I can't get a good feel for how the Sabres are playing.  If I'm not watching the Sabres exclusively, I can't capture the flow of our play.  

It's nice to see some of the recap from you all.

7 hours ago, Pimlach said:

UPL with 35 saves and 0.946 Sv%. 

Glad for UPL, first game he played OK. First two Goals he should have STOPPED. Was out of position on first, second, he had directly on him. Glad he won and could pad his STATS

We have a Problem though, UPL always techincally is behind Levi. But he gets a game like tonight and you have Hamilton promoting him the WINNER

Yet games before he would say UPL with bad stats played evenly to Levi

LIES

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/sabres/hamilton-luukkonen-comes-up-big-in-4-2-win-over-blackhawks

Luukkonen is now 1-2-1 with a 3.26 goals-against average and an .895 save percentage. I would break the alternating goalie system and go with him again come Tuesday.

Before this UPL was;

Luukkonen is 0-2-1 this season with a 3.69 goals-against average and an .874 save percentage.

That sucks

UPL did not EARN the next game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Ok.  They protected the lead tonight.  Good win. 

UPL needs to play a bunch of games now.   He has to play to get his game going.  He deserves a long look.  

He could carry this team if he gets to last years level.  

UPL lost 1st 2 Goals. The Team won this game. UPL was adequate today but looked BAD every other game, even in Preseason.

Why do you and Hamilton keep pushing UPL, when stats bad, and on game better trying to hide Levi?

Sorry, Levi has been better at least 3 games this year. Last game had 5 goals on a 1 goal loss

YOU'RE LYING AND YOU KNOW IT

Levi has too be better but this season has played far better than UPL

Next GAME, LEVI

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Even teams. UPL the difference. Peterka still good. Samuelsson still bad. 4th line was better than they've been. Quinn is a weakling. 

Trade Quinn and Cozens, doesn't matter what comes back

Take Walhberg and Rousek if you can't get good players back

Rather try new players and miss playoffs

Top 6 wingers haven't worked. Keep Tage and Peterka.

All others can go if needed

• Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

Trade Quinn and Cozens, doesn't matter what comes back

Take Walhberg and Rousek if you can't get good players back

Rather try new players and miss playoffs

Top 6 wingers haven't worked. Keep Tage and Peterka.

All others can go if needed

Normally I would agree on Quinn but I’ve been wrong about a couple players so I’ll give him this season. If he doesn’t hit 20 goals then I’m concerned.

For me, Cozens gets until the deadline to hit 20 goals. 

Muel is of zero value. Even with the cap going up his salary per his performance is unnecessary.

If the team is in a playoff position GMKA should make a move for a decent veteran top six winger. Just my opinion. I doubt the team gets past the first round but the more games the better.

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Normally I would agree on Quinn but I’ve been wrong about a couple players so I’ll give him this season. If he doesn’t hit 20 goals then I’m concerned.

For me, Cozens gets until the deadline to hit 20 goals. 

Muel is of zero value. Even with the cap going up his salary per his performance is unnecessary.

If the team is in a playoff position GMKA should make a move for a decent veteran top six winger. Just my opinion. I doubt the team gets past the first round but the more games the better.

Cozens will be lucky to hit 10 this year. He looks completely incapable of doing anything productive, let alone burying pucks.

5 hours ago, TRIP65 said:

Luukkonen is now 1-2-1 with a 3.26 goals-against average and an .895 save percentage. I would break the alternating goalie system and go with him again come Tuesday.

Before this UPL was;

Luukkonen is 0-2-1 this season with a 3.69 goals-against average and an .874 save percentage.

That sucks

UPL did not EARN the next game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPL lost 1st 2 Goals. The Team won this game. UPL was adequate today but looked BAD every other game, even in Preseason.

Why do you and Hamilton keep pushing UPL, when stats bad, and on game better trying to hide Levi?

Sorry, Levi has been better at least 3 games this year. Last game had 5 goals on a 1 goal loss

YOU'RE LYING AND YOU KNOW IT

Levi has too be better but this season has played far better than UPL

Next GAME, LEVI

... no Levi hasn't been better than UPL. In fact, they've been exactly the same:

• Haha (+1) 1

I only saw parts of this game because, Go Dawgs. That said, Samuelsson looks awful, truly playing like butt. Ruff can't tell about accountability and not make him sit one game. 

Jack Quinn is really disappointing me this season. He has all the tools and the brains, but just looks lost. If he can start clicking with Kulich, he can drive that line but he needs to simplify his game.