GDT: Sabres @ Chicago Blackhawks 10/19/24 8:00 PM EDT; MSG/CHSN, ESPN+

DarthEbriate

WE WIN!!!! Peterka for me is our superstar, McLeod is really growing on me also, he always seems noticeable in a good way. Malenstyn is a breathe of fresh air and for me I'd like to see a few more of his types along with 1 legit fighter. UPL was also really good in net tonight and was looking like himself even after that bad 2nd goal he let in or maybe the first I don't remember but it was 1 softee but other than that he was lights out.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Ok.  They protected the lead tonight.  Good win. 

UPL needs to play a bunch of games now.   He has to play to get his game going.  He deserves a long look.  

He could carry this team if he gets to last years level.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 4
  • dislike 1

Cozens made the play to help get the ENG, baby steps. He's so in his own head at this point its formed a black hole.

They generally played well; Dahlin looked good, not Dahlin level good but very competent and shown his mean streak a bit.

Top Line looked great from start to finish, all three actually made some good backchecking plays with Peterka's being the highlight.

Benson had his usual game, doesn't put up points but is a bee in the bonnet of every opposing player on the forecheck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Krebs with only about 10 minutes of ice time. I think he deserved more. He had a couple hits, mixed things up...didn't have any bad giveaways or bad positioning without the puck, and I even think he won a few faceoffs...and an assist.

Dahlin led the team with just under 24 minutes of ice time.  I GUESS he is still their best overall D-man.....but at his best he is so smooth with the puck and controls the game. I haven't seen that yet all year.

First line is clicking now. Thompson looks almost as dangerous as he was 2 years ago. No need to add anything about Peterka, and Tuch is just doing everything well (I still think he is the best forchecker on the team, he is killing penalties well and just always doing something in a good way in the offensive zone)

McLeod is scoring.  Still don't know much about his game but his production is good recently.

You really could use Mitts on this team now, but Bryum is playing well. Some games he is your best D-man, and he never is your worst.

UPL should have made the save on the first shot, but other than that very 'solid'. That was last year's UPL we saw tonight.