Only Good Vibes Thread. Let's Go Sabres.

Idemo Buffalo

10 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Thanks for thread even if you're just playing a long game troll job!

They're actually playing okay. I'm just mad about them buying out Skinner this year instead of next. In fact, if the team got good I think we could have gotten something for him if we ate salary.

Definitely not a troll.  I have tickets to 10 more games this year and I am really hoping they are played in front of a full house and not 8000 people.  Like most fans, I also look forward to watching games a few nights a week, especially once the weather changes and football season is over. Big difference between watching a game when they are in the playoff hunt and when they are not.  I also genuinely believe this team will be in the playoff hunt all year. Way too early to be so negative.

• Like (+1) 3

-I think the defense unit (yes, including Samuelsson) hasn't played as bad overall as many think. Sure, some bad mistakes, but overall, i'm kinda happy with their play. I think Dahlin is the biggest issue. The difference between what I expect of Samuelsson and how he has played is less than the difference between what I expect of Dahlin and how he has played. However, overall I'm not at panic mode with the entire defensive unit.

-Up front. I think Thompson has been decent-to-good.  Not great, but I'm ok with is play. Peterka and Tuch too.  I think the issues right now are Quinn and Cozens.  If you just get those 2 guys going and nothing else changes up front, and goaltending returns to 'league average' the team is OK going forward.

-Cozens, I'll even accept lower expectations.  Just get to, and maintain 10% shooting percentage for the year. Just 10%...that is all I ask in the offensive zone.

-Ruff I have no problem with also. PP is an issue, but lets just see you try different things.

-All of the above is 'do-able', and I would be surprised if  they can't start to take steps to get there. It SHOULD happen.

-Tuch, Thompson, and Peterka is your top line.  Between them, you have 8 goals in 16 games (cumulative). Thats pretty good. Even with Peterka missing some games, that is 1.33 goals per game played by the team for that line.  1.33 goals per game by one line? That is legit 1st line production in this league.

Between those 3 guys, you also have 8 goals on 42 shots...collectively shooting just over 19%.

First line is producing (no assists, but overall I personally consider assists more 'noise', as long as the goals are going in, I don't care for assits) 3rd line is playing well. 4th line is 'ehh' but they don't get much ice time. Just get that 2nd line going and your forward are producing pretty well.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

-I think the defense unit (yes, including Samuelsson) hasn't played as bad overall as many think. Sure, some bad mistakes, but overall, i'm kinda happy with their play. I think Dahlin is the biggest issue. The difference between what I expect of Samuelsson and how he has played is less than the difference between what I expect of Dahlin and how he has played. However, overall I'm not at panic mode with the entire defensive unit.

-Up front. I think Thompson has been decent-to-good.  Not great, but I'm ok with is play. Peterka and Tuch too.  I think the issues right now are Quinn and Cozens.  If you just get those 2 guys going and nothing else changes up front, and goaltending returns to 'league average' the team is OK going forward.

-Cozens, I'll even accept lower expectations.  Just get to, and maintain 10% shooting percentage for the year. Just 10%...that is all I ask in the offensive zone.

-Ruff I have no problem with also. PP is an issue, but lets just see you try different things.

-All of the above is 'do-able', and I would be surprised if  they can't start to take steps to get there. It SHOULD happen.

-Tuch, Thompson, and Peterka is your top line.  Between them, you have 8 goals in 16 games (cumulative). Thats pretty good. Even with Peterka missing some games, that is 1.33 goals per game played by the team for that line.  1.33 goals per game by one line? That is legit 1st line production in this league.

Between those 3 guys, you also have 8 goals on 42 shots...collectively shooting just over 19%.

First line is producing (no assists, but overall I personally consider assists more 'noise', as long as the goals are going in, I don't care for assits) 3rd line is playing well. 4th line is 'ehh' but they don't get much ice time. Just get that 2nd line going and your forward are producing pretty well.

Agree! If UPL and Levi steels a point or two every now and then they buy the team time to fix all those things that need to be fixed.