Only Good Vibes Thread. Let's Go Sabres.

Idemo Buffalo

Lindy needs time with these players. He's just getting started.  He said he's starting in learning each these individuals as both players and humans - what makes them tick. Give him the benefit of the doubt. How quickly you are forgetting the perspective of his deep experience, expertise, and he cares more than any other coach in our history to deliver a championship to our (his) city. For him this is more than a job, it's personal to his core.

I am long-term optimistic. These early struggles are part of the process.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

JJ Peterka might be a burgeoning 30+ g and 70+ pt player. He may be better than Quinn.

Let's hope Quinn has a "Hold my beer" moment and comes on...and brings Cozens with him. 

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

The power play % will improve. At some point.

It only has one way to go! Not counting sideways, of course 

Sabres are 10th in the league in expected goal %. If they stay at 10th AND if shooting percentages and goaltending regress to the norm, they'll make the playoffs.

Edit: COL is 2nd in the league in EXG% but are below us, so it's possible for good teams to have bad results this early in the season.

Edited by JoeSchmoe
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

I am new here and I am clearly annoying people with my positivity, so I will keep my positivity to one thread this season. It is October 19, lot of hockey left and

The Sabres are currently only 1 point out of a playoff spot and

The Sabres are currently only 4 points out of 1st place. 

@PromoTheRobot did you create an alternate handle? 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

Shades of the Team Storm Cloud vs. Team Sunshine days. 

I sincerely admire the OP’s optimism, especially as a former member of Team Sunshine. And I hope he never loses that.

But as season ticket holders for decades, I have firmly earned my right to be skeptical of everything this organization says and does. And I make no apology for that. 

• Like (+1) 1

We have more points than the Avalanche, Red Wings, Predators and Sharks. Yes, we have played more games, but still. Heck, we have more points than the Avalanche and Predators put together! Imagine a month ago if you knew we would have more point than those two teams put together, you'd be thinking we got it made. lol 

A win tonight and we are 1-1-1 on the road trip 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

I am new here and I am clearly annoying people with my positivity, so I will keep my positivity to one thread this season. It is October 19, lot of hockey left and

The Sabres are currently only 1 point out of a playoff spot and

The Sabres are currently only 4 points out of 1st place. 

Thanks for thread even if you're just playing a long game troll job!

They're actually playing okay. I'm just mad about them buying out Skinner this year instead of next. In fact, if the team got good I think we could have gotten something for him if we ate salary.