GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs Columbus Blue Jackets 10/17/24 --ESPN + and MSG!

bob_sauve28

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

TP cannot can’t find a proven GM that he will trusts.  No way a POHO, or a VP, is going in between TP and the GM.  

No consultants (like Dudley) either.  He doesn’t need that.  

TP - as in Toilet Paper.  So how does this apply to the Sabres?

1. Soft as Charmin or Cottonelle to play against, not gritty at all

2. The Sabres are league’s choice to wipe the a$$ of the other 31 teams.

3. The Sabres idea of going “on a roll” means spinning continuously in place on a rod (not winning a bunch of games).

4. Easy to tear/rip/fall apart - in the case of the Sabres, they practically self-destruct.

Sorry, that’s all I got

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Lindy looked legitimately dejected. 

He's 64 years old coaching a team of ill-fitting parts that have no guts or gusto. He's probably coming to the realization that he could be on a beach somewhere drinking Singapore Slings instead.

200.webp

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Where’s Duffer at? Did he get sick of trying to make this team sound better than they actually are.

I also believe you need a good coach with good assistant coaches, not assistant coaches with no experience. The one thing you can’t blame Terry on is spending money on players. The problem is he goes cheap on inexperienced GM’s. 

On Sabres Live Duffer said Howard asked if he could take his place tonight so he had an excuse not to watch the Mets. He gets too nervous and upset.

21 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Listening to our “leaders” is more frustrating than the games. 

Yep would expect them to be more pissed.

its almost like they don’t care - exactly how they play. They should be embarassed 

Dahlin is playing like he did when he was 18

9 minutes ago, Doohicksie said:

Dahlin was not the right choice for captain.

Not the right personality.

Demonstrated this in his several haymaker overreaction after evening up the score with his hip check on Krebs.

There isn’t a natural leader on the roster which is an indictment on management and the scouting staff. All those top draft choices all these years.

Case in point, the post game interviews with Dahlin and Tuch tonight.

Dahlin is a great player but clueless communicator who doesn’t inspire.

Tuch is good player and articulate analyst who doesn’t inspire.

Adams could have done better rotating the C every five games until he either found a player on the roster the team responded to or he came to realize he needed to sign a big time inspirational leader.

He let Reinhart get away. Granted, Reinhart didn’t want to be part of another rebuild, but Adams could have resigned him with a long term deal. Money solves problems.

Even Ruff’s post game demeanor and remarks were tired and lacked any positivity.

Long season ahead if nothing changes soon.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Lindy looked legitimately dejected. 

His demeanor seemed similar or worse than what it was during the last few post-game interviews before he was fired years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I have to admit Dahlin doesn’t look good at all this year. He doesn’t look like he has the jump he once had and when they continue to lose more he’s gonna want out. He’s not the right guy to be captain.

Ask for trade

56 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I’m sorry i believed in these guys.  Another waste of a season not enjoying hockey much.

I dont think they have a clue what to do there

Edited by Goldseatsaud

This team just doesn’t have a guy who can change momentum.  These top ten picks are all too thin skinned and cannot handle adversity. 

Until one of these highly paid players show an elite level of competitive grit, nothing will change.  

Too much “here we go again” and not enough playing pissed off.  

Where is the emotion and hate to lose???

I don't think I have the energy left for this team.  Obviously it's going to take Ruff to get this team playing like he wants. Weed out the players that can't or won't buy in.   I just can't watch anymore while they try to figure it out 

hard to believe we are back to goalies being their biggest issue and that special teams are still a disaster 

I'll watch, if there is nothing else going on     Baseball playoffs and Football will rank over the Sabres from this point forward  -  Even a matchup of titans like the saints vs Broncos

depending on what I bet that night, I may even watch other hockey games over watching the Sabres 

I feel bad for people who cover this team.   For example   Kris and Matthew doing a livestream after the game, I think they do a great job but I just can't get myself to care anymore and tune in 

maybe, Lindy will get the ship righted sooner than I expect and I'll be back emotionally invested when he does 

Till then, I think we can all think of better things to do with our life rather than care about this disaster of a franchise 

Hope to be back soon but I have a bad feeling this could take a long, long, long long time until I give 2 shits about this team again

Granato gets credit for “developing” players, but all he did was give his players excuses.

The mentality of the leadership group is broken.  Not enough grit or physicality.

Lindy may change that over time, but it is evident that the team as constructed is flawed. Remaking the fourth line and trading for a 3C in McLeod was not enough.  

GMKA let this team down.  Again.  

I don’t think Lindy is the guy to fix this mess, next practice should be no pucks and you will be skating until you puke. 

7 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Granato gets credit for “developing” players, but all he did was give his players excuses.

The mentality of the leadership group is broken.  Not enough grit or physicality.

Lindy may change that over time, but it is evident that the team as constructed is flawed. Remaking the fourth line and trading for a 3C in McLeod was not enough.  

GMKA let this team down.  Again.  

It’s not just Adams as most of these moves are done with all their collective minds. 

I've got nothing.  This is a bad hockey team.  The funny thing  is after the slow start offensively they have picked things up at least as even strength. Still no PP goals, but a 6 on 5 goal.

The Sabres have scored 14 goals in the last 3 games including 12 at even strength.  This should be enough to win most games, except due to bad defense and goaltending they are 1-1-1.  

The team has given up 22 goals in 6 games this season.  KA moves to shore up the defense have been an abysmal failure so far and I'm not talking about just this season.  

PP now 0 for 17 and counting.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

So people want Adams fired now? lol that’s funny.  Who are they going to get to replace him? No real GM wants to work for the Sabres, especially for the price I’m sure Adams is getting paid. The Sabres are a money pit for the Pegula’s and they’re trying to put as little into it as humanly possible. I wonder when some fans will start to realize that the “youngest team in the league” thing is getting old? Like I’ve said before, it’s just an excuse. It’s an excuse for the organization as a whole to ice an inferior product. 

Lindy isn’t going to fix anything. He was a nostalgia hire to get older fans in the building and a bridge to Appert. Which will be another brand new to the NHL HC for this organization.

until the Pegula’s get serious about spending money on the organization (which probably won’t happen) or the sell the team, nothing is going to change. New roof , new scoreboard, updating alumni plaza… All relatively cheap (or necessary) but also just lipstick on a pig in the hope they bring a few extra dollars into the organization. 🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

Edited by Sidc3000