GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs Columbus Blue Jackets 10/17/24 --ESPN + and MSG!

bob_sauve28

Where’s Duffer at? Did he get sick of trying to make this team sound better than they actually are.

I also believe you need a good coach with good assistant coaches, not assistant coaches with no experience. The one thing you can’t blame Terry on is spending money on players. The problem is he goes cheap on inexperienced GM’s. 

Unfortunately the Sabres clearly need to make moves but i don't want Adams to have any part of that. We need a legit GM from a winning organization that knows what it looks like to win. Someone from Colorado, Dallas, Boston, that can identify what is wrong and fix said parts. 

Just now, SabresBillsFan said:

Where’s Duffer at? Did he get sick of trying to make this team sound better than they actually are.

I also believe you need a good coach with good assistant coaches, not assistant coaches with no experience. The one thing you can’t blame Terry on is spending money on players. The problem is he goes cheap on inexperienced GM’s. 

He caught Sabre’s fever

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, #freejame said:

It goes beyond that. We need a POHO to completely clear house in the organization from the lowest rung to the highest rung. Losing has infested every area of the organization. 

JJ can stay!

TP cannot can’t find a proven GM that he will trusts.  No way a POHO, or a VP, is going in between TP and the GM.  

No consultants (like Dudley) either.  He doesn’t need that.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

The choice of captain has nothing to do with why we have given up 6 goals in back to back games and are 0 for 17 on the power play.  That is all coaching and lack of talent thanks to the GM.  If Tuch or anyone else was captain the team would still be struggling.  

I wasn't implying any causation.  It was a comment in isolation.

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Terry Pegula... Currently Websters has called their board to meet to coin a word stronger than incompetence as you and your organization has destroyed the meaning and effectiveness of the word. You and your hockey team are a stain on the entire world of professional sports and are an utter embarrassment to an entire region. They are like an infectious black mold that destroys anything good it comes into contact with and we as fans may never recover from your abject failure of involvement in our beloved team. Your insistence on hiring people that have zero competence and abject absence and acknowledgement of this is not only inexcusable but demoralizing to a point of generational apathy. You have personally destroyed a brand and the souls of hockey fans in an entire region. For the love of God show us mercy and sell the team.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

If you ever watch the movie Hoosiers, Gene Hackman aka Norman Dale, had to break the team down and build them back up.   

I have faith in Lindy Ruff.  I think he knows what he is doing.  This is going to take time, but I think the Sabres will get this figured out.  

Sabres are scoring now, that is a plus. We will figure out the defense.  

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

TP cannot can’t find a proven GM that he will trusts.  No way a POHO, or a VP, is going in between TP and the GM.  

No consultants (like Dudley) either.  He doesn’t need that.  

I'm not saying Adams is good by any stretch, but I honestly think that Pegula needs to totally step away from the team. Don't go to hockey meetings, don't sit with the GM in practice.  During hockey season, sit in your home in Florida and watch the games on TV.

Adams, Botts, anyone new, I think any and all of them could/would do a better job without having him in their ear.  Just let Pegula clear out and let the hockey department run things without running things by him.

So that’s tuch and dahlin (both captains) saying give Columbus credit they came out hungrier than us…EXCUSE ME?! Do they just start the game and say “oh ***** our opponent is trying really hard, it’s over for us”??????? What in the high school hockey ***** is this? YOU ARE IN THE NHL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

If you ever watch the movie Hoosiers, Gene Hackman aka Norman Dale, had to break the team down and build them back up.   

I have faith in Lindy Ruff.  I think he knows what he is doing.  This is going to take time, but I think the Sabres will get this figured out.  

Sabres are scoring now, that is a plus. We will figure out the defense.  

This is gonna take time? Wish I had a nickel for every time I’ve heard that throughout the drought. Ever since Darcy uttered something about “suffering” we’ve heard “it’s gonna take time” time and time and time and time again. 

Screw that noise.