GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs Columbus Blue Jackets 10/17/24 --ESPN + and MSG!

bob_sauve28

Just now, Billznut said:

Small market and high taxes have always been in Buffalo. No doubt the no trade lists hurt a lot of options for us. But  you have to have a GM that can find a way to work around all that. The Sabres don’t currently have that GM. They needed an experienced league man that knows how to negotiate all this crap. Adams ain’t it. 

I also believe you need a good coach with good assistant coaches, not assistant coaches with no experience. The one thing you can’t blame Terry on is spending money on players. The problem is he goes cheap on inexperienced GM’s. 

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

They’ll be good someday….when the team is sold and moved to another city (due to lack of local support after 14, or 15 or 16 straight years of missing the playoffs.

I sure hope so. I would not miss this team one bit.

Sell the team Terry. You suck.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Big Lebowski said:

I somehow feel like as bad as things are (I believe this franchise has never been in worse shape [and that includes being owned by the NHL]), we still have yet to hit the proverbial "Rock Bottom"

We're about to see it this year I think.

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

This team has been historically mismanaged in much of its history. It’s part of the toxic culture around this team. 

Yup.  Only one really good owner, the first ones.  

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

I desperately want to be wrong. But I said when they hired him it was an uninspired, lazy hire. I love Lindy. He coached some great teams here, but that was over 15 years ago, and his track record after the Sabres fired him the first time has been spotty.

I hope he figures it out and gets something going, but I feel that's less and less likely each time I see these bums on the ice.

^ This

8 minutes ago, Doohicksie said:

Dahlin was not the right choice for captain.

The choice of captain has nothing to do with why we have given up 6 goals in back to back games and are 0 for 17 on the power play.  That is all coaching and lack of talent thanks to the GM.  If Tuch or anyone else was captain the team would still be struggling.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I also believe you need a good coach with good assistant coaches, not assistant coaches with no experience. The one thing you can’t blame Terry on is spending money on players. The problem is he goes cheap on inexperienced GM’s. 

I think there is a chance that Terry is willing to spend money on players that HE likes, not players that are actually good or the 'hockey people' like. I also think Terry hires 'hockey people' that he likes and will let him have input, not the best 'hockey people'.