GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs Columbus Blue Jackets 10/17/24 --ESPN + and MSG!

bob_sauve28

We're half-way through the 10 game grace period. My patience is extremely short, like everyone else, but my brain says that we have to allow the boys time to adjust to Lindy. We have to remember that the prior two coaches were Donny Meatballs and Ralph "The Fraud" Krueger, neither of whom had any idea what it takes to win in the NHL.

• Like (+1) 1

tage.thumb.jpg.9d519e1bfdc7a38d01317f009e45efc7.jpg

Dearest Rachel

I now take my pen in hand to let you know that I am well and hope these few lines will find you the same.  I have but only a few minutes of respite between our battles in Pennsylvania and Ohio.  The regiment has shown an improvement in our shooting accuracy which gives us much hope against a beleaguered brigade in Columbus. I pray that Gods divine plan will allow me continued success in scoring.  
   Our resolve is strong but seeds of dissent have been sown in our trainings. The new arrivals of infantry have provided the necessary determination in puck battles but have yet to lite a torch.  I fear that our inability to secure an adequate replacement for Lieutenant Middlestadt has created doubt for the company’s second line.  Corporal Quinn and Sargent Cozens seem to be affected most by his absence.
The financiers in the Nevada territory suggest that a victory is but a foregone conclusion at -132.  After demoralizing defeats in our overseas campaign, conquest of a lesser opponents are required otherwise we stand to lose the support from the citizens of the great state of New York. 

Lest I should not be able to write you again, know that my love of uniform is only surpassed by my infinite love of your sweet nature. 

Captain Tage Thomas

100th volunteer infantry regiment

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Back to back so Levi should be in.
Columbus is one of the weaker teams but the Sabres need to come in edgy from last night’s result and just play simple hockey. Build an early lead to take the crowd out and have a buffer for the third period, when their energy may sag.

The PP better figure it out soon, can’t win without some help.

7 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

The Sabres PP is actually -2 i believe. 0 goals and 2 shortys against us.... that is embarrassing

Do we get a +1 for the shorty we scored? 

Plus, don't sit Cozens, let him play his way through his shooting problems. At least he is getting shots 

Anyone calling on invisible Quinn to sit? 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

If they lose tonight, Adams needs to replaced. Karmanos needs to immediately seek a trade for a real top 6 forward. 

Fire the GM due to another slow start following another off season where he didn't do enough?  

I like it.  

I think TP likes Adams too much for that to happen though.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Fire the GM due to another slow start following another off season where he didn't do enough?  

I like it.  

I think TP like Adams too much for that to happen though.  

Well like I said, I wasn’t kidding about the TP social media interactions. Dude is not happy.

Not saying anything good will come from that unhappiness though, for all we know he could be asking Christian Erhoff to come back….

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Plus, don't sit Cozens, let him play his way through his shooting problems. At least he is getting shots 

No on the PP.  The PK scored the goal, not the PP.   The PP is literally -2 on the season.  

No on Cozens.  He still plays but he moves to the 3rd line and see 4 to 5 less minutes tonight.   He needs to play less, but do it better when he does play.  

Yes on Quinn - this is a good game to sit him.  Kulich should play tonight.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Well like I said, I wasn’t kidding about the TP social media interactions. Dude is not happy.

Not saying anything good will come from that unhappiness though, for all we know he could be asking Christian Erhoff to come back….

TP is on social media? Verified? Links?

7 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I haven't seen Quinn making Beer League mistakes over and over again costing us goals and losses! Sit Cozens!

19 minutes ago, shrader said:

The basic message of the earlier post is that the 0% powerplay is hurting the team.  Do you really have an issue with that statement?

What post? I was poking at the idea that we can somehow obtain a good power play.

1 hour ago, Stoner said:

Don't kid yourself. These nerds who could never win in gym class are coming for your W's. They have every intention of being the deciders of who the best teams/champions are. 5-2 will be a thing of the past soon enough. .2789% will carry the day. Declaring a winner based on scoring of goals is arbitrary, capricious and hurtful.

1 hour ago, Stoner said:

Goodwill has some way in the back.

What a joke.

1 hour ago, Stoner said:

Too much sun! The snowflakes will melt.

25 minutes ago, Stoner said:

TP is on social media? Verified? Links?

It’s in the comments on the postgame presser on FB from last night. Can’t link to the post, but it’s there. Clicked on the profile, it appears solid, but pf  purse you never know. If it’s a fake account, it’s been around for a while, sharing Bills and Sabres content.

Damn, one of the posts read “Power gets manhandled every game. Zero grit”. TP has a like on that.

Edited by Kristian
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kristian said:

It’s in the comments on the postgame presser on FB from last night. Can’t link to the post, but it’s there. Clicked on the profile, it appears solid.

Damn, one of the posts read “Power gets manhandled every game. Zero grit”. TP has a like on that.

Facebook doesn't have a verified feature. Not sure what to make of it. It doesn't come off as a parody account. If it's TP, wonder if he knows people can see his likes.

Not a good practice for an owner if that's TP.

1 minute ago, Stoner said:

Facebook doesn't have a verified feature. Not sure what to make of it. It doesn't come off as a parody account. If it's TP, wonder if he knows people can see his likes.

Not a good practice for an owner if that's TP.

That was my initial thought too. He does have another account that shares a lot of political stuff. The one with the likes is all Bills and Sabres.

I mean, we as fans certainly don’t pull any punches, but as an owner? Ouch.

Adams won't get fired in season. He's Terry's boy. If this season ends up disappointing (i.e. missing the playoffs), I think there's a chance they move on.

They will continue to lean on the "young team" excuse until these guys are all approaching their 30s.