GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs Columbus Blue Jackets 10/17/24 --ESPN + and MSG!

bob_sauve28

Just now, Billznut said:

This is true, although there was no “right” choice on this roster. Another Adams failure, not bringing in vets that know how to win. 

I am not a fan of fire everyone. But we need a leader and this team is devoid of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JustOutsideChicago said:

Couple the inept management with the no trade lists, smaller market yet wildly high taxes. Perfect storm to suck

Small market and high taxes have always been in Buffalo. No doubt the no trade lists hurt a lot of options for us. But  you have to have a GM that can find a way to work around all that. The Sabres don’t currently have that GM. They needed an experienced league man that knows how to negotiate all this crap. Adams ain’t it. 

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Not necessary.  Hire a proven GM.  Let him go.  

It goes beyond that. We need a POHO to completely clear house in the organization from the lowest rung to the highest rung. Losing has infested every area of the organization. 

JJ can stay!

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I just don’t think we will ever be good again……

I don’t care who we bring in, they will always fall off

They’ll be good someday….when the team is sold and moved to another city (due to lack of local support after 14, or 15 or 16 straight years of missing the playoffs.

Just now, HumanSlinky39 said:

I think they made a pretty big mistake with the coach, too, to be honest.

Coaching. Promote someone out of his element. Bring someone back in from your past. Hire a former cup winner. Bring in a 'hot' assistant from another team. Then a total outsider. Promote another assistant. Bring back another coach from your past.

They all have failed but they all can't be bad coaches.  I think Pegula is cursed. He angered the 'hockey gods' when he spoke about making Buffalo 'hockey heaven'.  

The Cup felt so close in ‘06.  Now, it has never felt further away.  Adams has to make a significant trade, or Terry has to get a new GM.  I don’t trust either of them to make the right move.

Edited by Eli Cash
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doohicksie said:

I want you to be wrong but...

I desperately want to be wrong. But I said when they hired him it was an uninspired, lazy hire. I love Lindy. He coached some great teams here, but that was over 15 years ago, and his track record after the Sabres fired him the first time has been spotty.

I hope he figures it out and gets something going, but I feel that's less and less likely each time I see these bums on the ice.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1