GDT: Sabres @ Penguins October, 16 2024 @ 7:00PM on TNT

SABRES 0311

23 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

@Jävə Keith

How can you send that red x to those plainly seeing him.... He can't shoot, can't finish and does not stand out. I think the Cozens experiment and contract is a Big Fat Fail. 

I agree with you.

Without scoring Cozens is basically McLeod or Malenstyn but maybe even worse in his own end. Now, he has the 'potential' to score.  But here is the reality we are looking at.  He is, up to this point, a 200-220 shot guy per year. He is a career 10% shooting guy.  Last year he was 9.0, so far this year he is 0-for-17.

To be worth is contract, he has to a.) start shooting better and get you 30 goals in a season (not looking like that is happening anytime soon)  b.) improve drastically in his own end.  He hasn't done A.).....he is hit and miss with B.)

As of now, I agree, he isn't worth his contract until he starts scoring a lot...and with no scoring, he is an average-to-below average 3rd liner.

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The Whites are amazing looking.  They should go back to whites at home, or is the Darks at home thing a league rule now? 

Whites are better because the blue with gold shoulders. The blues are just blue. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I'm old enough to remember Mitts taking the brunt of criticism on this site at the same age Cozens is now. 
Two years later, im guessing, a lot of those were complaining when Mitts was traded

The kid works hard, he gives everything he has and cares about winning and losing 

eventually he will figure it out 

I hope you're right.

Mitts was better along the boards. Nothing Cozens does stands out to me right now.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I hope you're right.

Mitts was better along the boards. Nothing Cozens does stands out to me right now.

Cozens doesn't play a smart game. He is the "Anti-Crosby"  The expression I use is a dog chasing a squirrel. He's like a magnet to the puck. He rarely seems to have the ability, or even the inclination, to think the game 2 steps beyond where he is.

Gretzky was known for "go to where the puck is going to be, not to where it is".  Cozens still, he goes to where the puck IS, or even was, not where it is going to be.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Damm.  Seems like we are shooting straight at him.  

Both chances were in close with no time for a move. Especially with that Benson chance. I think just the fact we're getting multiple chances like that is encouraging.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, ... said:

Both chances were in close with no time for a move. Especially with that Benson chance. I think just the fact we're getting multiple chances like that is encouraging.

Yep agree.

A minor thing this team needs to think about is when you get an open chance, don't go in too deep (if possible), Take the shot from 6-10 feet out rather than trying to get right on the goalie and making a move.