GDT: Sabres @ Penguins October, 16 2024 @ 7:00PM on TNT

SABRES 0311

8 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This will be the first year since I was probably around five years old that I will not be going to a Buffalo Sabres game in person.

thanks for ruining an entire fan base Terry…

I made that same decision myself 4 years ago and haven’t second guessed myself once in that time. More need to do it. 

Sabres be Sabres. 

Some people were saying the other night they were just on the wrong side of "puck luck" so tonight it evened out and they had "puck luck" but they still found a way to lose. 

I'm getting tired of pointing out the obvious and arguing about which guy is worse or most to blame. Just a few games in and it already feels like it's over. 

• Disagree 1

As I said earlier, felt scripted or fixed; the amount of missed calls on the Pens in the 3rd only for them to ding Thompson to help Crosby get a shot at his 1st of the year feels far too scripted. Between the offside goal and somehow not calling a blatant trip on Dahlin with 2min left in the game we were screwed royally. 

• Agree 2

This team is garbage.  Stupid penalties at the worst time. Cannot clear their own crease.  (Thank you Power) 13 years and it is always the same old stupid crap.  Give away points when they should be winning.  It is a top down problem that will not change.  We chased the wrong people out of town. 

As far as our “leaders” are concerned, I’m not too impressed by their overall play tonight.  Cozens isn’t scoring and he should be hitting everything in sight to make up for his lack of offense.  Tuch played OK, but did Dahlin even play tonight (I know he’s there).  Mule and TNT were there I guess, but made some mistakes that cost them.

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Sabres be Sabres. 

Some people were saying the other night they were just on the wrong side of "puck luck" so tonight it evened out and they had "puck luck" but they still found a way to lose. 

I'm getting tired of pointing out the obvious and arguing about which guy is worse or most to blame. Just a few games in and it already feels like it's over. 

Still too early for this.  I see some possibilities.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

Considering our team comps, JJ is going to get $12m next contract 

The next GM of the Sabres is going to be so handcuffed by all of Adam’s disastrous contract decisions. Not going to make it a very appealing job. 

• Agree 1

Here's your sabres fun stat for the day: Through 5 games, combined stats for Dahlin/Quinn/Benson/cozens 19 GPs, 0 goals, 4 assists, -12

Fun stat #2; our #1 goalie, 3 GP's, 3 losses, 3.67 GAA, .872 SAV% - here's an idea, Levi wins, Levi plays the next game????

I know....small sample size.....but Fun times

4 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Considering our team comps, JJ is going to get $12m next contract 

VERY small sample size, but Peterka is scoring about 4 goals per 60. League leaders average about 1.5

Of course he won't keep it up, but he LOOKS like he could keep it up.

Does anybody know who's in charge of the special teams? Surely it's not Matty freakin' Ellis again. Whoever it is needs to be swapped out. I know as fans we're prone to hyperbole, but this really isn't - the Sabres special teams right now might be the worst I've ever seen. Every time we either go on the man advantage or kill, I just assume we're letting in a goal. For as bad as they were last year, it goddamn malpractice that they're somehow worse this year. ***** figure it out.

Last angry points for me tonight, then I’ll be done posting again and some new tease comes along.

This team cannot control pucks and have no flow to their game.

They are off balance half the time, and just have no composure.

That leads to frustration and kills their confidence.

There’s no vets here to get the locker room settled.

It’s like a vicious circle which adds to the weight of 13 years with no playoffs.  

Good luck Lindy, you’re going to need it

If Lindy has any ballz, tomorrow he benches Cozens and puts Kulich back in the lineup.  Unless Kulich is dinged up, he shouldn't have been sitting anyway. He also sits Clift and puts Gilbert in the lineup, or Bryson, don't give a fukk which one

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, CTJoe said:

Here's your sabres fun stat for the day: Through 5 games, combined stats for Dahlin/Quinn/Benson/cozens 19 GPs, 0 goals, 4 assists, -12

Fun stat #2; our #1 goalie, 3 GP's, 3 losses, 3.67 GAA, .872 SAV% - here's an idea, Levi wins, Levi plays the next game????

I know....small sample size.....but Fun times

Dahlin is just not himself. Quinn is practically invisible.

At least they aren't HURTING you.....Cozens, he is.

1 minute ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Does anybody know who's in charge of the special teams? Surely it's not Matty freakin' Ellis again. Whoever it is needs to be swapped out. I know as fans we're prone to hyperbole, but this really isn't - the Sabres special teams right now might be the worst I've ever seen. Every time we either go on the man advantage or kill, I just assume we're letting in a goal. For as bad as they were last year, it goddamn malpractice that they're somehow worse this year. ***** figure it out.

Lindy on the radio this morning (maybe it was yesterday). Said he sees problems with the Powerplay. He said they have a lot to work on and sounded like the coaching staff knows what the issue is, just have to get something through the players heads (my words, not his.)

I'd like to know exactly what they THINK the problem is.

7 minutes ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

We beat the Blue Jackets tomorrow and we will be 2-0-1 in the last 3.  5 of 6 points.  All is well.  

Don't let anyone piss in your cereal.   Love the optimism.   Wish I could share it but I do think Lindy will eventually figure it out 

3 minutes ago, Billznut said:

The next GM of the Sabres is going to be so handcuffed by all of Adam’s disastrous contract decisions. Not going to make it a very appealing job. 

We say that a lot, but honestly with the cap going up again, those contracts won't cripple them. It's not like they're $9-11MM a year deals (aside from Dahlin). Will they be good contracts as far as ROI? Too early to tell, but they aren't trending the right way presently.