GDT: Sabres @ Penguins October, 16 2024 @ 7:00PM on TNT

SABRES 0311

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

Playoff team? At this point it’s looking more like a top 5 pick. 

In back to back games we just beat the Stanley Cup Champions and lost in OT on the road to the Penguins/ That is what playoff teams do.  They are definitely getting this thing on the right track.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • dislike 1

I just don't like the construction of this team, many are over 6'0" which i like but they don't use their size at all to their advantage. I mean Power should be tossing kids across the arena who come to the net but that's not him but that's the guy we need. I think we need to trade some of these guys (Cozens/Power) come to mind. What happened to Quinn? Our special teams is absolutely abysmal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, CallawaySabres said:

This will be the first year since I was probably around five years old that I will not be going to a Buffalo Sabres game in person.

thanks for ruining an entire fan base Terry…

Same here, other than COVID and I'm 49. I'm boycotting paying for tix until they're in a playoff spot. That said, I'm sure to get invited to a game or two with my friends company tix. I'll go then. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Idemo Buffalo said:

In back to back games we just beat the Stanley Cup Champions and lost in OT on the road to the Penguins/ That is what playoff teams do.  They are definitely getting this thing on the right track.

Bless your heart.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Second Line Center said:

Or 3 out of 10 points to start the season 2 of which Florida was missing their 2 best players. 

We were also missing one of our best players and another important one.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Guava said:

Was Quinn injured or just given a seat in the press box tonight?

Quinn with just over 12 minutes of ice time. Benson only 10.5 minutes. Cozens didn't play much the last 10-12 minutes of the game.

Thompson, Peterka, Tuch, and Greenway led all with over 18 minutes among forwards.

As far as Defense, everyone got their shifts. Clifton was at the bottom of the ice time sheet, but still had over 17.5 minutes.

1 minute ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

1-3-1 ….the brutal reality 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Same here, other than COVID and I'm 49. I'm boycotting paying for tix until they're in a playoff spot. That said, I'm sure to get invited to a game or two with my friends company tix. I'll go then. 

A real fan will buy tickets and go.  Come on Joe Schmoe, you can do it. 

entertaining game but frustrating at the same time. Whenever this team faces any adversity, its like they crumble from within. Suppose thats a sign of a young team. Peterka was flying around tonight. Power remains an enigma to me. I've always heard all the praise for his game but i've just yet to really see it in person. Seems he's always unable to clear out the crease, or if there's a goal scored, you can bet his back is turned to the action. Just seems like he's a passenger & not a driver..

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

He has played quite well actually.  Is this your first game of the season?  

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Clifton.

Honestly, I don't have a major problem with the Defense in general. Dahlin isn't playing at a 'high' level, and there have been a handful of bad mistakes, but 90% of the time the whole unit is where they should be, including Clifton.

Edited by mjd1001

7 minutes ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

We got 3 of 4 points from a game against Florida and a road game against the Penguins.  Can't complain.

Sabrehood

I can. 

What an absolutely stupid penalty to take by Thompson. *****in idiot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1