GDT: Sabres @ Penguins October, 16 2024 @ 7:00PM on TNT

SABRES 0311

Penguins haven't been very good so far. It's pretty obvious that if you want to move up and try for the playoffs you have to knock off these middle of the pack teams and you have to do it every game. 

I'm hoping we see a heavy forecheck soon. That's the biggest missing ingredient to this team imo. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Penguins haven't been very good so far. It's pretty obvious that if you want to move up and try for the playoffs you have to knock off these middle of the pack teams and you have to do it every game. 

I'm hoping we see a heavy forecheck soon. That's the biggest missing ingredient to this team imo. 

I have a different priority than the forecheck you mentioned. It is shooting more accurately when the scoring opportunities exist. The King game really aggravated me. For two periods, we definitely outshined the Kings. We simply dominated in those first two periods. And during that interval we had more than enough opportunities to score. However, the accuracy wasn't sufficient to take advantage of them. 

In the two home games, I felt that this team played the grittier way that Lindy advocates. There seems to be a greater emphasis and determination to place more bodies in front of the opposing net. My hope is that the shooters will be more accurate. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Nationally televised game.  If you want to be a playoff team you have to learn to string wins together.  Last year we struggled to even put together a couple 3 win streaks.  That has to end this year.  This is a good place to start.   Florida, @Pittsburgh, @Columbus, and @Chicago.  Need 7 or 8 points in this little stretch.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

Nationally televised game.  If you want to be a playoff team you have to learn to string wins together.  Last year we struggled to even put together a couple 3 win streaks.  That has to end this year.  This is a good place to start.   Florida, @Pittsburgh, @Columbus, and @Chicago.  Need 7 or 8 points in this little stretch.

sooooooo you're saying its a......

• Haha (+1) 1

Not only am I unable to view the game without purchasing Centre Ice for a whole lotta money, I can't even listen on the radio anymore. Tried to sign up for Audacy, and they don't accept a Canadian postal code. It's 2024 and this is ridiculous.