GDT: Sabres @ Penguins October, 16 2024 @ 7:00PM on TNT

SABRES 0311

12 minutes ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

We are fine. We have the better team on the ice.  Sabres will pull this one out.

Maybe. But it's clear Cozens 9s struggling in every facet of the game. For 7 mil a season the disappearance for this stretch of time is no longer an addressable concern internally. He needs to be out of the line up and most certainly moving on from him needs to be in the planning stage so when it is set in motion they are prepared. Truth be told, Adams looks the fool with that contract. He isn't working out here.

Just now, #freejame said:

I don’t think anyone associated with the league takes the Sabres seriously 

Absolutely. I think Pegula and Adams thought bringing back Lindy would instantly change that. You can’t undo 13 years of suck by changing a coach. It just doesn’t work that way. 

Just now, Stads said:

Have we ever been "goalied" by someone who came on in relief?

Considering we get “goalied” at least 40-50 times a season. I’d guess yes. 

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Absolutely. I think Pegula and Adams thought bringing back Lindy would instantly change that. You can’t undo 13 years of suck by changing a coach. It just doesn’t work that way. 

Considering we get “goalied” at least 40-50 times a season. I’d guess yes. 

It’s such a Buffalo mindset to think bringing in Ruff would change opinions because nobody outside of Buffalo ever thinks of Lindy Ruff. 

9 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Ok, on the last Pittburgh goal...hustling back into the zone wasn't going to stop that goal, but you can see how is and who isn't hustling back.

Look at the screenshots of the goal simulation below. When the turnover happens in the Pitt zone, Cozens, Benson, and Clifton are all in the same area.

Clifton is already coming back so he almost gets back. Benson hustles back and was in position for a rebound, if there was one. Cozens?  Lollygagging back, hes the last one back and WAY behind the play.

Now, part of it is, once the puck was turned over he was trying to make a hit which took him out of the play (dumb hockey positionally).  Even worse, he should have been called for a penalty. He led with the fore-arm on his hit, and following through almost as if he was throwing a punch. 

That is Risto-level hockey. There are times to make hits, and times to not make hits.  Again, he followed through with the forearm/punch so it should have been a penalty on him. But lets say it wasn't, he took himself out of the play defensively if there was a turnover, and if the pens didn't get the puck, he was giving up a prime spot in front of the net, giving up offensive positioning to make a hit a second after the puck was gone.

Hes just playing dumb hockey.

ptgl1.jpg

ptgl2.jpg

Cozens was just covering #28

Just now, Wyldnwoody44 said:

@LGR4GM

Whats up with Quinn? You were the biggest supporter and he looks just as bad as Cozens. Recovering from achilles? Can't fit in Ruffs system? 

I'm so disappointed in him so far. He just looks off. I don't think it's the Achilles, I think it's just not playing well. 

12 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Maybe. But it's clear Cozens 9s struggling in every facet of the game. For 7 mil a season the disappearance for this stretch of time is no longer an addressable concern internally. He needs to be out of the line up and most certainly moving on from him needs to be in the planning stage so when it is set in motion they are prepared. Truth be told, Adams looks the fool with that contract. He isn't working out here.

The thing with Cozens is, what are the coaches seeing we aren't seeing? Is he an all-star in practice all the time? Do they see the speeds/aggressiveness and think THEY will be the one to 'unlock' his game.

He is a disaster, he is literally the definition of a one man penalty killing disaster. He makes mistakes all over the ice. For the last calendar year he is shooting like 7.5% and that is with 200 shots.

We all can see him with turnovers multiple times per game. We can see he is the ONLY one out of position on the PK and his mistakes cause goals against. And its not one time things, he does this over, and over, and over....yet he keeps getting put out there.  Why?

Only 4 forwards on this team have over 11 minutes of ice time through the first 2 periods..and he is one of them.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2