GDT: Panthers @ Sabres October 12, 2024 @ 7:00PM MSG/ESPN+/WGR 550

SABRES 0311

Looking at the replay of the goal....

The Sabres D were caught up the ice a bit, but they got back. Would have loved them to have been back farther and turned to face the puck, but its not really on them, it was a fast breakout by Florida.

Byram took himself out of the play but by doing that he slid to prevent the shot and force it back to the center of the ice.  Samuelsson slid to block the shot, went low to not screen Levi. I like how they both played it.

So why was the goal scored?  Florida had more numbers. When the puck came back up the ice, Tuch and Tage kinda bumped into each other in the offensive zone and 'took each other out', slowing them down so they couldn't get back. I'd like one of them to get back.

Other than that, its on my goalie.  It was a good shot, but he was set, he saw it all the way and wasn't screened, and it was from at least 12-15 feet out.  I want that save made.  The ONLY excuse would be if the puck was slightly deflected/moved by Samuelsson on the way in when he went down to block it, but from the replay angles I saw, I don't think that happened.  

Again, Bryam and Samuelsson played that as well as they could for the position they were in.  Its on the goalie and the 2 forwards.

Edited by mjd1001

Just now, Brawndo said:

I guess a SOG during a PP is too much to ask 

SOG at all is too much to ask