GDT: Panthers @ Sabres October 12, 2024 @ 7:00PM MSG/ESPN+/WGR 550

SABRES 0311

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

People who buy tickets and boo buy tickets in the first place because they love the Sabres. 

Boo at the end of a lopsided loss…sure. 
Boo after 3-4 fruitless PP…sure.  
Boo after a couple of weak GA…sure. 

Boo 5 minutes into the game…just stay home. 👎🏻

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Maybe in some bizarro world. Otherwise, not even close.  

Panthers are a very deep roster. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we missed Peterka as much as they missed Tkachuk.. JJ was one of the only guys who looked really good game 1 imo 

They obviously aren’t close as players, but anyone at all scoring right now would stand out a ton on our team 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I agree on benching Samuelsson, it is time for Lindy to set the tone and benching a guy with an "A" is a good place to start.   

I disagree that Lindy has vanquished their home ice malaise.  They were ok for 2 periods, but they lacked finish and they still do not play with any confidence.   You can sense they are still digesting whatever Lindy is asking them to do.  The 3rd period their best player coughs up the puck, that leads to a goal, and entire building was bracing for the inevitable, and it seemed like the players were too.   It felt like the players and the fans need an exorcism.   Winning consistently is the only remedy.  

I am telling Rico, you can feel an unhealthy tension in that building.  So many fans around me up in the 300's were just waiting to boo and to complain.  The home ice thing is still something that Lindy has to fix. 

All that said, I think they can win tonight.  I think a few players will break out and get on the score sheet (Tage, Quinn, etc).  There is a lot of hockey left but the time is now.   Someone has to step up. 

I agree that it's too early to determine that Lindy has vanquished the home ice malaise -- just trying to post it into existence -- although they did look better vs. LA than they did in 75% of their home games last year. 

As for the tension and people waiting to boo -- I can certainly believe it, but I think it's just human nature after this many years of suckitude.  Definitely agree that winning is the only cure.

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

People who buy tickets and boo buy tickets in the first place because they love the Sabres. They boo because they also love the Sabres but are hurt and want to voice their displeasure. I’ll never hold it against anyone who continues to spend money and take chances on this organization. Some silently boycott and withhold their money, and some can’t resist the sliver of hope that they’ll enjoy themselves against their better judgement. 

This, absolutely.  Almost all of the people who spend the money and the time to attend the games are there because they love the Sabres.  It's the same reason most of the posters here hang out here.

3 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

You are a man of the people Punch.  I had you pegged for a luxury suite.  I am with you and others about the benching of Mule.  Messages need to be sent.  Plus I want to see the sandpaper and grit of Gilbert tonight.  Although I’m watching tape delayed as my son and I are flying in to Buffalo from the west coast and don’t land until 10pm.  We'll be there to see them play the Dallas Stars. 
Must Win. 

Awesome.

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I’ll do the Suite or buy 200’s if the situation is right.  But I choose to sit with my brother and nephew (age 31) and with his buddies.  Keeps a man young, and I could get a feel for things from the critical portion of the fan base - young season ticket holders.  They are the last to boo and the most hopeful.  

Mule just happens to be the first deserving of a wake up call.  Gilbert deserves some ice. 

Also awesome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Boo at the end of a lopsided loss…sure. 
Boo after 3-4 fruitless PP…sure.  
Boo after a couple of weak GA…sure. 

Boo 5 minutes into the game…just stay home. 👎🏻

As a consumer they can do whatever they want within the law. 

1 hour ago, Sidc3000 said:

If Samuelsson isn’t in the press box tonight then Lindy holding players accountable was just words to appease fans

I hate to break it to ya but there are other ways to hold guys accountable other than healthy scratching them.  Less minutes, keeping them off the ice in crucial situations, I’m sure there are ways within the locker room to give discipline other than sitting them.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sidc3000 said:

If Samuelsson isn’t in the press box tonight then Lindy holding players accountable was just words to appease fans

I’d argue everything a coach says to the media is just words to appease fans 

Edited by inkman

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm going to see the King Crimson BEAT tour tonight, so no one tell me what happens.

Just don’t look at your phone. I’m watching AEW WrestleDream and recording the game to watch after. If it goes bad I can fast forward, as I did so many times last season.

2 hours ago, Demoted said:

As a consumer they can do whatever they want within the law. 

Actually, your ticket is nothing more than a license to sit in that seat and the issuer of that license can revoke that license for any reason they see fit; law statutes notwithstanding.