GDT: Panthers @ Sabres October 12, 2024 @ 7:00PM MSG/ESPN+/WGR 550

SABRES 0311

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I agree with this. I haven’t spent a penny on the Sabres since Covid and am completely disgusted with Pegula, but if I did go to a game, I wouldn’t be looking to boo at the first bad PP or goal against. 

Agree 100%.

I have never booed a team, live or otherwise. I have however, left games or turned them off in frustration on numerous occasions.

I might actually watch this since the baseball game got moved to noon. We’ll win this, no way in hell we start 0-4 that’s ridiculous. Quinn has his first nice game of the season, leading to a 2-goal power play performance for the team, and a 4-2 victory. 

Edited by Thorner

People who buy tickets and boo buy tickets in the first place because they love the Sabres. They boo because they also love the Sabres but are hurt and want to voice their displeasure. I’ll never hold it against anyone who continues to spend money and take chances on this organization. Some silently boycott and withhold their money, and some can’t resist the sliver of hope that they’ll enjoy themselves against their better judgement. 

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Nonono.  That is over.  Lindy has vanquished it.  They delivered a good effort vs the Kings and will do so again tonight.

They need Dahlin, TT, Cozens and Quinn to find their mojos and start producing.  At least 1 of them is going to do so tonight.

I'm kinda hoping Lindy benches Samuelsson for that idiotic penalty that gave the Kings the 5-on-3 and plays Gilbert, who gets in at least 2 fights and fires everyone up.

It is ON.

I really appreciate the optimism! 

Samuelsson shouldn't have done that, but on our earlier two man advantage the PP failed. They can't keep doing that. 

Not sure what is up with Dahlin, our newest captain is not raising to the occasion. Quinn has been invisible and that also needs to change. The talk of moving Cozens to the wing makes sense to me 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Thorner said:

We also get the backup tonight

”this is how we win” 

Panthers icing a MercyOnThem roster tonight.

Adams should be grateful.

• dislike 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Barkov and Tkachuk, not playing 

Tkachuk: I could work through this illness if you need me coach

Maurice: It's okay Matthew. We only need two goals to win

• Haha (+1) 5

20 minutes ago, Believer said:

Panthers icing a MercyOnThem roster tonight.

Adams should be grateful.

It’s not going to matter.  It never matters against the Sabres.  They lose to back up goalies and scrub skaters all the ***** time. 

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

Sabres lucking out here. No Barkov, No Tkachuk. No excuses. 

Quick zone exits (supposedly our strength on D) key to beat their forecheck. It's upset time. 

Just now, inkman said:

It’s not going to matter.  It never matters against the Sabres.  They lose to back up goalies and scrub skaters all the ***** time. 

18 minutes ago, Thorner said:

We can’t lose every game haha. We’ll take this one. 

🤞🏻

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Thorner said:

We can’t lose every game haha. We’ll take this one. 

Be careful what you wish for.  I could easily see this loser team setting records for consecutive games lost.  Hoping they push it to 20.  What’s the NHL record?  

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Be careful what you wish for.  I could easily see this loser team setting records for consecutive games lost.  Hoping they push it to 20.  What’s the NHL record?  

I think we are shockingly bad relative to where we should be, after undergoing needlessly long rebuild after rebuild, and where we should be in a GM’s 5th year, more so that we are actually bad. We are way better than the start would indicate, imo we are probably still somewhere in the middle where playoffs look like a tall task but remain possible

I’m sure I could be swayed by another few losses here but I still think it’s too early to say the record is reflective, not quite yet 

That we’d only be .5 games back of the cup champs with a win today demonstrates how small the sample size is, yet 

At least on this one particular season 

Edited by Thorner
  • Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Sabres lucking out here. No Barkov, No Tkachuk. No excuses. 

Quick zone exits (supposedly our strength on D) key to beat their forecheck. It's upset time

I think it's looking like the fans in the arena are going to be upset

13 minutes ago, SabreFinn said:

And both Barkov and Matt Tkachuk out. We might even have a chance.

Peterka/Tkachuk is more less an even trade-off lineup relative, it’ll largely be up to Tage Thompson to captitize on the extra space Barkov’s absence at C will provide, both at evens and with the man advantage. If Tage is going to have a breakout game to jumpstart his season, today is as good a day as any 

• Like (+1) 1