GDT: Panthers @ Sabres October 12, 2024 @ 7:00PM MSG/ESPN+/WGR 550

SABRES 0311

1 minute ago, Thorner said:

Nice little win.

It’s just a small thing but I like the play McLeod made on the last regular goal. He gets the puck to the right areas where good things happen.

I don't know if its a good or bad thing I didn't notice McLeod that much tonight. They won so its probably a good thing.  I didn't notice just how much he played until I saw the box score...almost 18 minutes of ice time. Lindy must really like his play.

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

I don't know if it’s a good or bad thing I didn't notice McLeod that much tonight. They won so it’s probably a good thing.  I didn't notice just how much he played until I saw the box score...almost 18 minutes of ice time. Lindy must really like his play.

I’m still in baseball mode so i haven’t watched a TON of hockey yet this year and just caught the highlights from today, but from what I’ve seen, he’s one of our better players. Like he’s quite a good hockey player. What a good argument for trading more prospects for veteran players

I mean he’s effectively the 2c

A very small thing but in the post game interviews, do you think the WGR550 microphone (I assume its Hamilton), well, can they get a new one for him? it looks like its about 15 years old and has been dropped and dragged across the floor 25 times.

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

If he's not 100%, sit him a game next time out and give Krebs his minutes.

Krebs earned them tonight. If Krebs reverts to his 'typical' form, you can always put in a well rested (and hopefully close to 100% healthy) Benson the following game.

When you do have guy that can step into the lineup and give you a good effort, this is exactly WHEN you can take the guys how are banged up and give them that day or two off to get them back to 100% instead of playing them at 85-90% the whole year.

Greenway seems like a different guy in his post game interviews (different than most other guys). Sure he uses a couple cliches, but most other players come across like they are giving you the answers they were 'taught' to give to the media. Greenway seems more like a real guy you are actually having a conversation with and he's speaking what he feels.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Great win. Although we did not face the real panthers, we did what we had to do in that situation. 

4 days off, Pittsburgh and C-bus coming up.  No game is a pushover in this league, especially for the Sabres, but 2 winnable ones coming up.

Anyone at the game and know the actual attendance?

Was the building 100% full? 80%? Couldn't really see the upper deck from TV.

• Like (+1) 1

I missed the last 35 mins of the game, but they looked like a much more serious hockey team the last couple of mins of the 1st and first few of the 2nd that I saw. Glad to see they held on coming out of the movie. That's a big win against the defending champs, and as close to a "must win" as you'll probably get in October. Hopefully that's the confidence booster that gets them playing strong hockey. On to the next one...

Good evening Team, Punch checking in. 

Nice win.  I missed the game and I dont care who Florida had in the lineup, the Sabres won this cleanly.  

Not gonna get too high on it, but it’s a start.  Let’s get the next one.  Hoping they can start to like winning and maybe start to set a higher level. 

Buffalo was 0 for October until tonight.  The Bills turn is Monday Night.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Through 4 games Cozens, Thompson, Power and Dahlin, who are getting paid 33 million $+, have 3 goals and 1 assist and -5.  

Defensemen, even top D-men, often go many games between goals.  I'm not worried about them.

51 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

4 days off, Pittsburgh and C-bus coming up.  No game is a pushover in this league, especially for the Sabres, but 2 winnable ones coming up.

Columbus up 5-3 on the Avs in Denver and giving them all they can handle.

19 minutes ago, bg17 said:

Watching a game with you must be an experience. 

So I shouldn’t expect the guys being paid to be our best players to actually be our best players?  So far this season Tuch, Greenway, Clifton and Levi have been our best players.  We need to hold the “leadership” group accountable for bad performance after bad performance.  Even with a solid win tonight, 3/4 of the guys I mentioned were invisible again and the PP in which all 4 are key players is still 0 for the season.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

10 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Not trying to rain on the parade but Florida was missing 2 of their best players and played Spencer Knight who hasn’t played a regular season game in how long. 

Lana Del Rey Yes GIF

We know.  It was mentioned several times in the thread.

2 minutes ago, bg17 said:

How does one do this and what comes of it?

Fair question.  It’s easier for Power and Cozens and harder for Dahlin and TnT. Cozens and Power should be removed from the 2nd PP.  Cozens demoted to the 3rd line until he starts playing the right way.  For Dahlin and TNT it the best punishment would be reduced PT in favor of guys playing the right way.  Accountability isn’t easy but Lindy should know what he needs to do, but so far it isn’t really working.