GDT: Panthers @ Sabres October 12, 2024 @ 7:00PM MSG/ESPN+/WGR 550

SABRES 0311

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Benson being benched after what Muel did last game would be peak hypocrisy. 

Maybe its not a 'benching' but rather...young guy, maybe Ruff saw him struggle with something in practice, and it carried over to the game. With Krebs playing a good game, just give the young guy a 'little time off' to watch the game from the bench while you have someone else who is playing great.

Also, maybe the 'accountability' was calling him out in the press conference WITH something that happened in practice that we don't know about?

Edited by mjd1001

My general impression of the game:  The Panthers like to play a high pressure game and force the play, cycling it in the zone, etc.  The Sabres did a great job of getting into passing lanes, disrupting everything Florida was trying to do offensively.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

I like that too. You play well, you get to play. Competition makes everyone better 

I have disliked Krebs game from the very beginning. I remember ONE game last year where he made a great pass and I was like...maybe he's getting it? And then nothing. I didn't want him getting a 2 year deal and dont' think he had done anything to earn a spot on this roster.

Maybe this was just one great game, but I think he played so well, I want him in the lineup next game even if everyone is healthy again.  For one game, he clearly earned another.

• Thanks (+1) 2

7 hours ago, inkman said:

It’s not going to matter.  It never matters against the Sabres.  They lose to back up goalies and scrub skaters all the ***** time. 

This did not age well. 

7 hours ago, Stads said:

I think it's looking like the fans in the arena are going to be upset

This did not age well either.

Benson only played about 1.5 minutes from the beginning of the second period all the way through the end of the game.

I hope in Lindy's post game press conference, that is one of the first 2-3 questions asked.

Krebs may have led the forward in ice time, he had only a few minutes in the first, he ended up with almost 15 by the end of the game.

Edited by mjd1001