GDT: Panthers @ Sabres October 12, 2024 @ 7:00PM MSG/ESPN+/WGR 550

SABRES 0311

2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Oh Krebs! His coming of age game? 

If he buried that one I would have said yes. 

But really, I have to say he's faced the challenge of the bottom sixers Kevyn brought in and he's earning his ice time.

3 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

How has Levi looked tonight?

Pretty good. He gave up a few big rebounds early. The first goal against was a good shot from the slot, but he saw it and I'd LIKE a save there. 2nd goal was a Shorthanded goal where Cozens did a Cozens thing and left a guy wide open leading to a breakdown.

But overall I'd say good, not stellar but good (enough)

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, triumph_communes said:

I did. The back checking forward Bensen doubled up on who the defenseman had and left the trailer open 

No he did not. Are you blind? Benson follows his guy, Muel bails on his to crash the middle and cover a guy Benson already has. The trailer is the 4th guy in.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

At least he shot it and hit a post..rather than holding it too long and either not getting a shot off or just pushing it into the goalies pads. Baby steps.

Actually they showed the replay- it glanced off Knight's skate.  Missed it by *that much*.

Okay now cap this game off with a PP goal.

7 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

I did. The back checking forward Bensen doubled up on who the defenseman had and left the trailer open 

Ok but Byram went to the near side sliding to take out his guy and take out the possible initial shooter....Samuelsson slid when the shot was taken, I like that decision but he took himself off his skates.  It was Benson being there that allowed the 2 D-men to do those things, and I don't mind that they did it.  Had Benson hit the breaks, stayed back to cover the slot, then the 2 d-men would not have been able to do what they did and that would have likely (possibly) led to the first guy on the near side of the ice having a point blank shot or one of the other forwards.

Florida had a 3-on-2...Benson getting back makes it a 4-on-3.  I don't mind the play the Defensemen make there. Again, Florida made a GREAT breakout into the offensive zone there, the best way to defend that is if Tuch/Tompson were back or you need Levi to make that save (it doesn't appear he was screened and was facing the shooter when the shot was taken)

its not an easy save, but the more I look at that...the more I think if I have to assign blame, 50% percent is on Levi. 

Edited by mjd1001

Just now, jad1 said:

They have 3 offensive defensemen, picked in the top 4 of the draft, and they're using drop passes to Quinn for zone entries on the powerplay.  WTF?!?

And yet that resulted in an excellent opportunity on the rush.