GDT: Panthers @ Sabres October 12, 2024 @ 7:00PM MSG/ESPN+/WGR 550

SABRES 0311

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No it wasn't. Also all Benson does is maintain possession and feed pucks to HD areas. 

The first GA was 100% on Benson not picking up trailers 

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No it wasn't. Also all Benson does is maintain possession and feed pucks to HD areas. 

Ok, I'm going to put that goal on the PK mostly on Cozens AGAIN. 

I don't love that Tuch and Clifton both went into the corner at the same time, but it is both their side of the ice, if Cozens stays on his entire side of the ice, what Clifton or Tuch did doesn't matter.

It is obvious the Sabres are much worse on the PK when they don't maintain the PK box and leave spots open. And...Cozens did it AGAIN.

Look at the 2 screenshots below..the first one is the Sabres maintaining the PK box. As long as they do that, Florida controls the puck but just kills their own PP by passing it around the perimeter. That is one of the best ways to kill a penalty.

The 2nd one, the puck is in the corner, the Florida player with the puck has a WIDE OPEN look across the ice to a teammate WIDE OPEN, TOTALLY uncovered on the other side of the ice.

That guy gets the puck with a lot of time, takes the shot and its deflected in for the goal.

Now, in that 2nd screenshot, who is out of position because he 'chased' and left a whole side of the ice wide open when that is his zone?  Yep, Cozens.

You can see in the first screenshot the way they are set up, the whole near side is Cozens side.  If he stays there the guy on the far point might be open but Tuch and Clifton can recover back to their positions on the far side quickly to cover that.

Wow, I can't believe how he does this over, and over, and over.....and yet they still keep putting him out there.  Its not an occasional thing. I posted this many times last year when they allow a goal against on the PK and it is exactly Cozens doing this time and time again.

PK1.jpg

pk3.jpg

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

No it wasn't. Watch the replay. Benson has his guy. The trailer is the 4th player back. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Malenstyn hasn't played a shift since early in the 1st.  Is he on the bench or is it another injury?

Our new 4th line is already defunct.  Lafferty had minimal TOI last game and scratched tonight.  Malenstyn is nailed to the bench tonight.  

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No it wasn't. Watch the replay. Benson has his guy. The trailer is the 4th player back. 

Yeah, I thought Benson at first but after watching both angles of the available replay, not Benson's fault.

A quick breakout by Florida...Tuch and Thompson bumping into each other and neither getting back, and a save I want my goalie to make. It was a combo of those 3 things.

Benson or the 2 D-men, they were not the issue.

Edited by mjd1001

6 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Looks like coaches agree with me

I don't ***** care. I can watch the replay and that's not true or what happened. Go watch the replay 

Benson takes his guy, then the 4th is the trrailer.

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Agree 2