GDT: Los Angeles Kings @ Buffalo Sabres, Oct 10, 7 pm ET, TV: MSG-B, BSW, Radio: WGR 550 AM

Doohicksie

58 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I agree. I don't get downtown enough, but there are plenty of things to do, plenty of places to go for food or a drink compared to years ago.

Is it as nice/busy/trendy as the Seaport in Boston or L.A. Live in socal? No...it isn't. But its not meant to be. It has a different feel to it...to some maybe a more 'real' or 'organic' feel to it.  You can always find a place to go before a game.

Agreed.  I use to go dt Toronto for a night out.  It’s obviously much bigger but really, downtown Buffalo has nearly everything you would want (good restaurants, bars/clubs, Sheas theatre, Sabres games, concerts etc) with probably 25% of the crowd, traffic and bs.  Others will differ but I’ll take dt buff over dt Tor all day everyday.  

33 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Holy mackerel I hope they don't come out in a coma like they did in pretty much every home game and every important game last year.

I may be a couple old fashions deep but I think we come out flying tonight!  Home opener.  Let gooooooooooo

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah I get that, would have been nice to have some non rookie options.

I am going to exaggerate a little bit here - but if feels like some people (not Huckie, just using your post for context) think every other team just has a 1st line winger in freezer they can thaw out and use if one of their top 3 goes down.

I think there are plenty of other teams that would be challenged if they lost TWO starters. Is Krebs the best 13th forward in the league? Who knows. Honestly, Greenway looked fine in the two Prague games. Using his big frame to protect the puck, digging away in the corners and winning puck battles. Kulich was more noticeable for not doing any of those things. But he is a rookie, so expecting too much more is probably kinda silly.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

I am going to exaggerate a little bit here - but if feels like some people (not Huckie, just using your post for context) think every other team just has a 1st line winger in freezer they can thaw out and use if one of their top 3 goes down.

I think there are plenty of other teams that would be challenged if they lost TWO starters. Is Krebs the best 13th forward in the league? Who knows. Honestly, Greenway looked fine in the two Prague games. Using his big frame to protect the puck, digging away in the corners and winning puck battles. Kulich was more noticeable for not doing any of those things. But he is a rookie, so expecting too much more is probably kinda silly.

Agreed on Greenway. I thought he was, overall, our most consistent forward in Prague. 

On the depth issue, agreed that few, if any, teams have a spare 1st line winger.  Our situation might be exacerbated though, by us not having two 1st line wingers to begin with, and further by our 2nd line wingers being perhaps better suited for a 3rd line. This remains to be seen though. From July 2nd, when we failed to add a legit veteran top 6 forward (less the Zucker signing, there was cap space and resources to add two such players), this season has hinged on certain players either rebounding or emerging. It could still happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Over by the Labatt's Blue Zone or up in the 300's near the 50-50 stand.

Taro's in!

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen you a few times (including at fan fest a couple weeks ago).  Next time I’ll stop and say hi. 

Just now, Archie Lee said:

Agreed on Greenway. I thought he was, overall, our most consistent forward in Prague. 

On the depth issue, agreed that few, if any, teams have a spare 1st line winger.  Our situation might be exacerbated though, by us not having two 1st line wingers to begin with, and further by our 2nd line wingers being perhaps better suited for a 3rd line. This remains to be seen though. From July 2nd, when we failed to add a legit veteran top 6 forward (less the Zucker signing, there was cap space and resources to add two such players), this season has hinged on certain players either rebounding or emerging. It could still happen. 

Definitely could still happen.  Also frustrated KA didn’t add another top 6.  Let turn this damn thing around! Go Sabres!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Had an offer for free tix for tonight.  Turned them down.  Going to a bar where I can watch baseball, football & hockey simultaneously.   Probably will drink and eat all night for what it would cost to park at arena and have one beer. 

😂

• Like (+1) 1