GDT: Los Angeles Kings @ Buffalo Sabres, Oct 10, 7 pm ET, TV: MSG-B, BSW, Radio: WGR 550 AM

Doohicksie

7 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Adam’s and Ruff screwed up the leadership decisions as well.  Look at the postgame remarks…..Tuch should have been captain and Dahlin an alternate.  There should be only 2 alternates as well.  This team and it’s management is incapable of making good decisions.

I said Tuch in the Captain thread and even LG was like...."Dahlin". Well, sorry to all those who prop this kid up, but Dahlin is no captain.

42 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

The eye test matches the numbers

The eye test matches the numbers.  

Quinn was not firing the puck enough.  I watched and waited for the quick accurate release a few times but it didn’t happen.  Instead he was looking to make a pretty pass. 

Cozens is still regressing.  Weak shots, slow decisions.  Thinking too much.  Not nearly good enough for a  2C.  Not worthy of an A. 

Adam’s put a lot of weight on kids. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, pi2000 said:

that's ok

take a break if you need to

I'll light a candle for you and everyone else ready to throw in the towel 3 games into the season with a new head coach

They played good for 2 periods but did not finish.  Then they flubbed the 3rd period.   Leadership and cool confidence are missing.  Maybe they get hot soon and string some W’s.  

Edited by Pimlach

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Quinn was not firing the puck enough.  I watched and waited for the quick accurate release a few times but it didn’t happen.  Instead he was looking to make a pretty pass. 

Cozens is still regressing.  Weak shots, slow decisions.  Thinking too much.  Not nearly good enough for a  2C.  Not worthy of an A. 

I am repeating myself over and over, but Cozens, if he can stop making bone-headed decisions in his own end (which he HAS since Jan 1 2024 with the exception of the first shift of the preseason), would be a good 3rd line center or a great 3rd line winger.

Let him be a high motor, fast skating guy that can give you 15-20 goals.  But as a 2nd line guy...I can't have him sucking up 200+ shots (hes on the pace for 300+) when he is basically an 8% shooter for his entire career expect ONE season 2 years ago.  

The problem is they (no longer) have another option for the top 2C role, so they are stuck...unless you want to give McLeod a shot (not a long term answer) or move up one of your top prospects from Rochester.

9 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Up 1-0 in the 3rd, dominating chances and on the PP and Dahlin gives a goal away. Changed the whole game

I missed the play.  The people in my section were too dumbfounded to even blame Dahlin, I didn’t know he coughed up the puck until this morning.  My brother said they gave it away, he was just settling into his seat.  It got quiet, it was deflating, and I sensed impending doom overcome the crowd.  Like a curse on the building.  

Walking out the door I sensed a lot of people were there for Lindy and are skeptical and upset.  Lots of loud comments and negative commentary.   

on the positive side the  Scoreboard was nice.  

Does anyone know if Terry was there?  

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I missed the play.  The people in my section were too dumbfounded to even blame Dahlin, I didn’t know he coughed up the puck until this morning.  My brother said they gave it away, he was just settling into his seat.  It got quiet, it was deflating, and I sensed impending doom overcome the crowd.  Like a curse on the building.  

Walking out the door I sensed a lot of people were there for Lindy and are skeptical and upset.  Lots of loud comments and negative commentary.   

on the positive side the  Scoreboard was nice.  

Does anyone know if Terry was there?  

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Cascade Youth said:

Kevyn Adams is the worst GM in professional sports.

So far this would be very hard to prove wrong.  His trades, the veteran roster additions, the coaching staff, and the many players he decided to pay that did not yet earn big salaries.   

His job hinges on making the playoff. Otherwise he should be fired.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I don’t care about expected goals. These guys, all of them, can’t finish. McLeod didn’t even come close on the penalty shot.  Each game so far there have been open looks and no one scores.  The PP is a joke. They had a 5 on 3 and duff didn’t get a good opportunity to score.  Heck, LA cleared the puck twice.  No one goes to the net to screen the goalie or to cash in a rebound.  They are just skating around collecting a check.  

Adams should be fired tomorrow.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, #freejame said:

I would say Rasmus Dahlin is the most overrated player in the NHL but I don’t think anyone outside of Buffalo thinks of him. 

By any measure he just has not been good. He is a key member of a ZERO power play. I have no idea what they do about that PP but they need to do something. It's just a weight around this teams neck 

• dislike 1

52 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Cozens may be more suited to be a winger than a center. When he played in the international tournaments he thrived as a wing man. You brought up the Mitts deal in a previous post explaining why it didn't make sense from a hockey and financial reasons. The accumulation of bad front office decisions has weighed this franchise down. It shouldn't be a surprise that a mediocre organization fields a mediocre product on the ice. It starts at the top with a clueless owner who hires less than the best.

I agree with you that Clifford played well last night. LA's goalie, Kuemper, was the difference in the game. He made some tough stops. Again, we had opportunities but didn't seize on them. In general, I thought the Sabres played well in the first two periods. (As you noted.) In the last period, team malaise reared its ugly head. It can't handle adversity. This team is mentally weak. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was glad to see the arena so filled, I was worried when I first arrived that it wouldn't be as full as it was. I thought the Sabres played an excellent game, but it is evident that we have a problem in our top 6. Nobody is scared of us. I don't know if we are snake bit as Lindy eluded to or we are lacking talent. All I hear is how much talent we have, yet nothing proves that in regards to results. I have seen Kulich play with the big club a number of times now and for someone who is supposed to be untouchable in trade talks, he's done nothing! Where's Quinn, TNT, Cozens. JJ, or Tuch? Hell, the goal Tuch scored was plan luck. He shot it directly into Kuemper's glove and got lucky it popped straight back out and there was nobody within 5 feet of him! I thought Dahlin played an excellent game except for a 5 second brain fart. I was settling back  into my seat when Kopitar scored his 2nd goal, so I didn't see the ridiculous give away in our own end. That is what needs to change in his game, from time to time he gets lackadaisical with the puck. Besides that, Dahls was our best player by far shutting down drives, initiating drives with excellent long outlet passes, dropping down into the zone offensively to extend plays, and man handling the Kings with his physicality. Give away excluded (I understand he does this from time to time and it is inexcusable), what the hell else is the guy supposed to do! If the top 6 can't score, we will continue to lose! And people are saying to bench Dahlin?? Why do we constantly blame our best players? It was ROR when he was here, then Eichel, now Dahlin! Unreal! The one to be benched is freaking Samuelsson! Sammy is an absolute waste and cost us the game and at the very least a loser's point! He plays like a cotton ball, bringing nothing offensively, and that disgusting slashing penalty when were already down a man just cannot happen. Hockey suicide as Lindy so eloquently put it. What does he bring to this team besides being an injury risk? NOTHING! Our bottom 6 is drastically improved and has looked the part. The fact that Adams didn't capitalize on this teams success 2 years ago in the summer, when FA's actually wanted to come here, is inexcusable and now the organization is paying the price! FRUSTRATED BEYOND BELIEF! 

Edited by LETSTUCHINGO
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I wasn't able to watch the game,  was the slash at the end really egregious?   Just seems rare for the refs to award a 2-man advantage very late in a tie game.  That's close to giving a team the win based on a call.   It must've been bad.

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I wasn't able to watch the game,  was the slash at the end really egregious?   Just seems rare for the refs to award a 2-man advantage very late in a tie game.  That's close to giving a team the win based on a call.   It must've been bad.

He looked more like Paul Bunyan than an NHL defensemen! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The slash was hard enough to break the opponent.

Stick

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

To be fair, Buffalo missed some chances.  They got the post a few times in the second ands their goalie looked like Hasek a couple of times.  Our PP is embarrassing.  Our PK had more scoring chances

Kuemper certainly stood on his head last night.  After two periods, Buffalo’s scoring chances were ahead of the Kings shots on goal.  On most nights like that I like to think the Sabres would capitalize and be in the lead by a good amount.   
And yes, the PP was incredibly bad.  

8 hours ago, Thorner said:

5/19 (26%) isn’t all that bad tbh. Would have guessed way more drastic separation there 

The surprising part of that stat to me is that on average less than 2 teams per season start 0-3.  Would have thought that would be higher. 

• Agree 1