GDT: Los Angeles Kings @ Buffalo Sabres, Oct 10, 7 pm ET, TV: MSG-B, BSW, Radio: WGR 550 AM

Doohicksie

21 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Adam’s and Ruff screwed up the leadership decisions as well.  Look at the postgame remarks…..Tuch should have been captain and Dahlin an alternate.  There should be only 2 alternates as well.  This team and it’s management is incapable of making good decisions.

I said the same thing and got flamed. Absolutely Tuch should have been the guy. Dahlin too young and too much pressure. 

• Eyeroll 1

I'm tired. Like butter scraped over too much bread as Bilbo would say. I don't have the energy left to care how they can fix the team or if they'll make the playoffs. I don't even care much about the draft. It's just boring and exhausting constantly being the most useless sad sack trash in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm tired. Like butter scraped over too much bread as Bilbo would say. I don't have the energy left to care how they can fix the team or if they'll make the playoffs. I don't even care much about the draft. It's just boring and exhausting constantly being the most useless sad sack trash in the league. 

that's ok

take a break if you need to

I'll light a candle for you and everyone else ready to throw in the towel 3 games into the season with a new head coach

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

that's ok

take a break if you need to

I'll light a candle for you and everyone else ready to throw in the towel 3 games into the season with a new head coach

I do agree with you on that. The season isn’t over because of 3 games. Their body of work in totality is FAR more troubling re: their prospective chances of making it this year, than the 3 game hole is. For a competent team, it’s overcomeable

Edited by Thorner
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

What happened to all that talk about being accountable?

100%. I think we'll see next game.  Ruff "Samuelsson penalty is lack of composure and hockey suicide, good call by refs". So I want to know, and no one in media asked, will he be benched?  Assuming Bryson is next man up.  And he looked pissed at intros. I put 23 on the shelf, send the damn message.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

The PP is just a zero. We

literally have one more short handed goal than PP goals. 

You can’t win without getting PP goals 

I will admit, they looked more dangerous when down 1 man than they did on the PP. Seriously tonight.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Ok, finally home from the Keybank.  It was exhausting getting out of there and onto the 190.  Especially after a hugely disappointing effort by the home team. Cops blocking off roads, not much of it made sense. 

The new scoreboard was excellent.   The crowd was excited and ready, but I heard lots of complaints prior to the game about the state of the team.  Pegula is not a popular owner. 

The young lady who sang the anthem was excellent.  

They honored Ruff before the game.  He was focused and looked appreciative.   

The Sabres were dull for much of the first period.  Power play was lousy.  The PK was good, especially Clifton who set up the breakaway to McLeod which got a penalty shot, but was stopped.  

The second period was better.  The power play continued to suck but Tuch scored on the PK.  Krebs defended a teammate and got tossed around and hit in the face when he was down.  The ref missed an interference/ boarding hit that caused the entire scrap.  

Going into the 3rd I got to my seat late and missed the Kings first goal which came at the 13 second mark.  The crowd was pissed.  I was told they stood around and then BANG.  Tie game.  The Sabres had many chances to score and failed.  There was a terrible penalty called on Zucker who then went to the box and broke his stick to earn a misconduct and a good night.  Samuelsson took a stupid slashing penalty and it was quickly a 5 on 3. The Kings put out a big guy to stand in front of UPL.  They worked the puck until the had a perfect screen. No one bothered to move the big guy in front and BANG.  Kopitar got his second.  Then he got a third into an empty net.  

Then I watched Cozens break his stick over the net, skate to the bench and break another stick.  I’ve never seen such a childish display.  It was Eichel-like, only worse.  

The Sabres out played them.  Out shot and out hit them but they failed to score and their PP was not effective once again. 

Who played good?   Clifton and Malenstyn stood out.  Clifton set up Thompson, who hit a post.  He set up McLeod.  Clifton was solid on the PK and he got involved.  Malenstyn has bad hands but he hits and is very fast.  

UPL was not heavily tested but made sone good stops. Tuch was hustling and scored on the PK.  Benson and Greenway were noticed.  

Who was disappointing?  Thompson had chances but missed and missed and missed. Quinn failed to shoot the puck on several open opportunities which disappointed me and the crowd.  They need goals, not fancy plays.  

Who was bad?   Samuelsson cost us the game with a terrible penalty. Cozens is not a 2C   Cozens was terrible, has a bad shot, and he acted like a child.   

Byram.  I don’t get it.  He jumps into the offense a lot but so far has not produced.  I am not impressed with any part of his game so far   

We stink up the middle   Thompson is not a 1C.    Cozens is not a 2C.  The Mittelstadt trade is looking worse with each passing game.  Zucker didn’t do much, $5M for what?   That was Mittelstadt’s money.  Adam’s worked on the bottom 6, but he will learn that it’s the top 6 that is not performing.  Our top 6 is struggling big time.  

I go to about two or three games a season since the Pegula era started.  I think I’ve seen 1 or maybe 2 wins.   

I hate that this franchise has fallen so low for so long.  The experience in the building was mediocre, mainly because of the way the team played.  Trade the owner   Start over.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Ok, finally home from the Keybank.  It was exhausting getting out of there and onto the 190.  Especially after a hugely disappointing effort by the home team. Cops blocking off roads, not much of it made sense. 

The new scoreboard was excellent.   The crowd was excited and ready, but I heard lots of complaints prior to the game about the state of the team.  Pegula is not a popular owner. 

The Sabres were dull for much of the first period.  Power play was lousy.  The PK was good, especially Clifton who set up the breakaway to McLeod which got a penalty shot, but was stopped.  

The second period was better.  The power play continued to suck but Tuch scored on the PK.  Krebs defended a teammate and got tossed around and hit in the face when he was down.  The ref missed an interference/ boarding hit that caused the entire scrap.  

Going into the 3rd I got to my seat late and missed the Kings first goal which came at the 13 second mark.  The crowd was pissed.  I was told they stood around and then BANG.  Tie game.  The Sabres had many chances to score and failed.  There was a terrible penalty called on Zucker who then went to the box and broke his stick to earn a misconduct and a good night.  Samuelsson took a stupid slashing penalty and it was quickly a 5 on 3. The Kings put out a big guy to stand in front of UPL.  They worked the puck until the had a perfect screen. No one bothered to move the big guy in front and BANG.  Kopitar got his second.  Then he got a third into an empty net.  

Then I watched Cozens break his stick over the net, skate to the bench and break another stick.  I’ve never seen such a childish display.  It was Eichel-like, only worse.  

The Sabres out played them.  Out shot and out hit them but they failed to score and their PP was not effective once again. 

Who played good?   Clifton and Malenstyn stood out.  Clifton set up Thompson, who hit a post.  He set up McLeod.  Clifton was solid on the PK and he got involved.  Malenstyn has bad hands but he hits and is very fast.  

UPL was not heavily tested but made sone good stops. Tuch was hustling and scored on the PK.  Benson and Greenway were noticed.  

Who was disappointing?  Thompson had chances but missed and missed and missed. Quinn failed to shoot the puck on several open opportunities which disappointed me and the crowd.  They need goals, not fancy plays.  

Who was bad?   Samuelsson cost us the game with a terrible penalty. Cozens is not a 2C   Cozens was terrible, has a bad shot, and he acted like a child.   

Byram.  I don’t get it.  He jumps into the offense a lot but so far has not produced.  I am not impressed with any part of his game so far   

We stink up the middle   Thompson is not a 1C.    Cozens is not a 2C.  The Mittelstadt trade is looking worse with each passing game.  Zucker didn’t do much, $5M for what?   That was Mittelstadt’s money.  Adam’s worked on the bottom 6, but he will learn that it’s the top 6 that is not performing.  Our top 6 is struggling big time.  

I go to about two or three games a season since the Pegula era started.  I think I’ve seen 1 or maybe 2 wins.   

I hate that this franchise has fallen so low for so long.  The experience in the building was mediocre, mainly because of the way the team played.  Trade the owner   Start over.   

I’m not sure whose Zucker’s agent is but he fleeced this team big time, he’s not worth 5 million at his age. This team is like the Oakland A’s of hockey. Farm team for the rest of the league and taking washed up players late in their careers! Pegula needs to step away and try not being involved and hired some competent front office people. Stop trying to find the next great GM it’s not working. 

16 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

This team is a complete joke.  Kopitar is 100 years old and is still better than any Sabre.

Oh well!  Glad I was able to fast forward on ESPN+ when I got home tonight.  

He’s also got a couple of Stanley Cup rings, I’ve seen him play every year here in Vegas and the guy is still solid. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Perfect summary. Sorry you endured that. Hope you had a good night out otherwise. Appreciate the summary. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Arguably they deserved a better fate in this one and there was some good hockey played out there. Much better effort than in Europe and it looked more like what I expected a Lindy Ruff team to look like. Really like the aggressive PK approach, that could reap dividends over the season. More people are finishing checks and there was better pace overall. Everything except the PP was trending in the right direction. 

The PP however is garbage. They had a huge 5 on 3 early and barely got a shot off. By contrast LA passed around and set up a perfect shot on their brief 5 on 3 and there's your difference. Samuelsson's penalty was lazy and dumb. I'm Ruff, I'm benching him next game to make a point. That was just dumb. Raise the bar on acceptable play. 

First stick smash of the season goes to Dylan Cozens. Seems like it's an annual tradition. More dumb, but I guess it shows emotion? idk. Just seen it too many times. Save your sticks and bring it to the next game instead. 

Still waiting to see evidence of what you all keep telling me Quinn will be. Still not seeing it. 

Disappointing, but also a little encouraging.

• Like (+1) 1

Same ole Sabres. I don’t care if they have a new coach. Very little has change. I’m sure people will disagree but this team lacks talent, especially elite talent. That walked out the door a few years ago because they knew this team wasn’t going anywhere. 

I thought Thompson would be better than this. I also didn’t think he was an elite talent like people thought from a few seasons ago. I knew he went way above his potential that season but I think he used it all up that season. The guy can’t hit the broadside of a barn. 

The Sabres have no talent and bills lost most of their talent. Back to having dark days for Buffalo sports fans

• Like (+1) 1