GDT: Los Angeles Kings @ Buffalo Sabres, Oct 10, 7 pm ET, TV: MSG-B, BSW, Radio: WGR 550 AM

Doohicksie

Will we get to hear the new goal song? Does the team start to show signs of being a potential playoff contender? Is this mole on my back starting to look concerning? All this plus Rob Ray makes many generalized hockey statements. Tune in at 7!

• Haha (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Pretty good price.  

Maybe if I lived within a mile or two of the Arena I'd go.

This is a different topic (kinda) but I really have zero incentive/desire to go to a game in person anymore, ANY sporting event really.  I guess once a year I like to do to just get a reminder of the 'atmosphere' of going to a game in person, but I have become very, VERY comfortable watching games (Bills, Sabres, anything really) from my living room or office.

I go to one NHL game per year typically... when the Sabres visit Dallas.  The DFW Bills Backers usually get a block of seats and we go as a group.

The Bills I usually watch at Buffalo Bros, the Bills Backers bar in Fort Worth.  It's 3 miles from my house; I usually ride my bicycle there.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Just go to Union Pub.  Good food.  Good service.  Decent beer selection.  Just on the other side of the ballfield so pretty much as close as Pearl St.

I'm always partial to Pizza Plant.  Exceptional beer selection and I love PODs. Even closer to the arena!

8 minutes ago, Doohicksie said:

Tired:  JJP on the top line

Wired:  Kulich on the top line

Kulich had to pick himself up off the ice a few times last game. Not sure if that was just a happenstance or he gets knocked around by older players easily, but I hope he uses that skill he has to get some points 

9 minutes ago, LTS said:

I'm always partial to Pizza Plant.  Exceptional beer selection and I love PODs. Even closer to the arena!

That's good too.

Noticed that nobody has suggested going to Southern Tier.  (Personally, believe there's good reason for that.  😉  )

43 minutes ago, Doohicksie said:

I go to one NHL game per year typically... when the Sabres visit Dallas.  The DFW Bills Backers usually get a block of seats and we go as a group.

The Bills I usually watch at Buffalo Bros, the Bills Backers bar in Fort Worth.  It's 3 miles from my house; I usually ride my bicycle there.

Now thats the way to get there.

If there is an outdoor concert or a festival, unless my wife insists on driving, i'm taking my bicycle and avoiding the traffic.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Taro T said:

In Buffalo?  Rarely.  Though they were very good 2 years ago against the Sabres.  Not so much last season.

I'm surprised that someone as rational and Nimoyian as you would buy into all time record type stuff. I mean, it does appear to be a thing. Why it's a thing is an interesting question.

Do the current Kings even know about their franchise's poor record in Buffalo,

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sidelines is an old school Buffalo bar-grill. My beer snob friends groan when we go because the beer selection is mostly out of the 90s. 

Fuggit. I like it in there.

Have a good trip!! GO SABRES.

Love sidelines!

I’m in town for the game and will be cheering loud and proud from our new section in 112.  Let’s Go Buffalo!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, LTS said:

I always see it and think what a bizarre name they have.  It’s pizza plant but picture of a planet as if that’s what they were going for.  Been meaning to try it sometime but my kids always insist on going to Chefs. 

Edited by Derrico

1 hour ago, LTS said:

24 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I always see it and think what a bizarre name they have.  It’s pizza plant but picture of a planet as if that’s what they were going for.  Been meaning to try it sometime but my kids always insist on going to Chefs. 

Agreed on Pizza Plant being sort of a curious place -- my kids always called it "Pizza Planet" when they were young -- I think partially for the reasons you note above. The Syracuse brothers operate those restaurants -- they're damn good at what they do.

Also, with regard to the downtown Buffalo Pizza Plant: Anyone (male) ever use the bathroom there? ... The gal whose poster-picture you see on your way out of the john is a legendary smoke show.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Thanks (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Look at the size of that thing!

What's more important to the Sabres brass right now? The product on the ice, or the ultimate power of that new scoreboard?

Product on the ice? Our sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped us conjure up entertainment value or given us clairvoyance enough to better understand the sport, in the way the scoreboard will 

Edited by Thorner
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Stads said:

Will we get to hear the new goal song? Does the team start to show signs of being a potential playoff contender? Is this mole on my back starting to look concerning? All this plus Rob Ray makes many generalized hockey statements. Tune in at 7!

and while the play is going on

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I always recommend Sidelines, then Pearl Street pre-game. Sidelines for the wings and because it is chill, pearl street for their craft beers and you are closer to the arena. Safe travels. 

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Just go to Union Pub.  Good food.  Good service.  Decent beer selection.  Just on the other side of the ballfield so pretty much as close as Pearl St.

Is there much business/entertainment activity around the arena or is it just a spillover from game nights?