GDT: Los Angeles Kings @ Buffalo Sabres, Oct 10, 7 pm ET, TV: MSG-B, BSW, Radio: WGR 550 AM

Doohicksie

1 minute ago, Night Train said:

"  Wow, that new roof is awesome ! " 

I saw the silhouette of the new scoreboard Monday night in the dark at a show.  It is HUGE!  

And if anyone watched games last night (or go look at box scores) people need to chill out. We got 82 games my friends, this isn't the NFL.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, #freejame said:

I have an offer to go today. Decisions, decisions. 

Yup, before Prague, I was 100% going to go to the opener. I just got an offer for center ice and just can’t do it. I think that arena is better without me until they turn this ship around.

5 minutes ago, sabremike said:

At JFK waiting to board my flight to Buffalo. Will be sitting at the top of 304.

I always recommend Sidelines, then Pearl Street pre-game. Sidelines for the wings and because it is chill, pearl street for their craft beers and you are closer to the arena. Safe travels. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I always recommend Sidelines, then Pearl Street pre-game. Sidelines for the wings and because it is chill, pearl street for their craft beers and you are closer to the arena. Safe travels. 

Sidelines is an old school Buffalo bar-grill. My beer snob friends groan when we go because the beer selection is mostly out of the 90s. 

Fuggit. I like it in there.

45 minutes ago, sabremike said:

At JFK waiting to board my flight to Buffalo. Will be sitting at the top of 304.

Have a good trip!! GO SABRES.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

32$ tickets online... Hmmmm

Pretty good price.  

Maybe if I lived within a mile or two of the Arena I'd go.

This is a different topic (kinda) but I really have zero incentive/desire to go to a game in person anymore, ANY sporting event really.  I guess once a year I like to do to just get a reminder of the 'atmosphere' of going to a game in person, but I have become very, VERY comfortable watching games (Bills, Sabres, anything really) from my living room or office.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Just go to Union Pub.  Good food.  Good service.  Decent beer selection.  Just on the other side of the ballfield so pretty much as close as Pearl St.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Are the Kings good? 

I really want to be snarky about how, according to the comments I have read, it won't matter because the Sabres don't even know which end of the stick to use, they have not hit anyone in at least 3 seasons, our goalies can't stop a beachball, and all our players are 4th liners at best ...

But - I dunno - home opener, that beauty new mega-jumbo tron ... New Sabres, who dis? I am hoping to see a win!

• Haha (+1) 1