How Is Everyone Doing?

bob_sauve28

Hope everyone is doing alright. The games of last weekend seems to have left Sabre nation shocked and awed. Those were two very bad defeats and it hurt. We then got the long lay off to dwell on what a real beat down got laid on the team. After the high hopes of a new season, new coach and new players to really lay an egg like that, and get physically beaten down like that was a super downer. There is no denying the fact that those defeats hurt.

Yet, to keep things in perspective, they were only two games. No need to start speculating on who the number one pick in draft is...yet. No reason this should become a tank season. It's way to early to let defeatism take hold. The team must make some excuses for why they were not ready and get their act together, win some games and make this a season we can get excited about.

* New Jersey was not good last year in standings, but they always play well against us. Maybe it was a match up thing

* The team chemistry isn't there yet with a lot of new players

* They just were not ready for season, but this wake up call will get them going.

* Seemed to me the veteran players--like the "bottom six" played better than the younger player, hopefully the kids will get up to speed soon

Nothing cures the hockey blues like winning and the Sabres better figure this out soon.

Go Sabres!

These Euro trips should be given to the better and more veteran teams.  The Sabres needed to stay home and work.  

This group has a lot to learn.  The season is a long one.  I still think they can be competitive.   I’ll be there on Thursday and I  hope the crowd is behind them.  

• Like (+1) 3

I'm fine.  Expecting it to take some time for the players to stop thinking so much about what Ruff wants them to do and where he wants them to be on the ice in various situations and start playing freely without having to think.  

Obviously the offense or lack there of is concerning as well as the PP, but hopefully that kind of goes together with the point up top.  Granato didn't seem very technically oriented, he gave them more of a "go play" type of system, which ALMOST worked the first year, but there were clear issues with it if this team wants to become anything more than a fringe playoff team. 

Granato did not do a good enough job implementing a system last year and that is where Ruff should succeed where he failed...Ruff is a very sound coach in terms of playing style and systems. 

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Hope everyone is doing alright. The games of last weekend seems to have left Sabre nation shocked and awed. Those were two very bad defeats and it hurt. We then got the long lay off to dwell on what a real beat down got laid on the team. After the high hopes of a new season, new coach and new players to really lay an egg like that, and get physically beaten down like that was a super downer. There is no denying the fact that those defeats hurt.

Yet, to keep things in perspective, they were only two games. No need to start speculating on who the number one pick in draft is...yet. No reason this should become a tank season. It's way to early to let defeatism take hold. The team must make some excuses for why they were not ready and get their act together, win some games and make this a season we can get excited about.

* New Jersey was not good last year in standings, but they always play well against us. Maybe it was a match up thing

* The team chemistry isn't there yet with a lot of new players

* They just were not ready for season, but this wake up call will get them going.

* Seemed to me the veteran players--like the "bottom six" played better than the younger player, hopefully the kids will get up to speed soon

Nothing cures the hockey blues like winning and the Sabres better figure this out soon.

Go Sabres!

NJ was not good last year,but they were devasted by injuries AND had pretty bad goaltending. They are a very, very good team, especailly now that they look to have average-to-above average goaltending.  No excuse for the Sabres but they may have been playing a team that is a top 5 team in the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Weave said:

“How” they responded in game is more the issue and concern.

I’m good.  Mostly because this team doesn’t occupy the emotional space it used to.

100% this.  I'll care more when they show they care more. Maybe. In the end its supposed to be entertainment and I am anything but entertained watching them.