Paul Hamilton is awful! 2024-2025 edition.

LabattBlue

1 hour ago, RochesterExpat said:

You don’t want to listen to Brian ‘Self-Appointed Saint’ Duff talk about all the music shows he is going to on a hockey show? Or some story about what a great community we’re in because of [perfectly crafted and topical anecdote]. What’s wrong with you?

Brian Duff is the worst personality in the Sabres media sphere. Paul Hamilton is an ass, but Brian Duff is an ass that loves the smell of his own farts. That’s worse. I have no idea how Duff continues to expand his role in the Sabres/Amerks business when the most exciting contribution he has made in the last year was to update us on the Blink-182 tour. It’s unreal. At least when Marty ‘snowplow’ Biron goes off track it’s entertaining. When Duff does it, it’s just virtue signaling and obnoxious. And he does it every time he talks.

If Duff were caught on “to catch a predator” tomorrow, it should surprise absolutely no one who has ever heard him speak. That’s the level of weird he’s at. I have no idea how anyone can stand him.

Duff seems kinda like a normal cat. To insinuate he’s some sort of pervert is reckless.  I have no issues with him.  He’s covering the most garbage franchise in sports. He needs to find something positive. I really enjoy his insight during his color analysis of the Amerks.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I like Paul Hamilton. Of all the media people covering the Sabres he and Marty Biron are the ones I can listen to.

My biggest issue with PH is his delivery.  He often comes off like Andy Rooney, just whining about inconsequential stuff.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LETSTUCHINGO said:

I like Paul as well and I think he conveys the pulse of the community pretty accurately. As a STH and someone who is at most of the games, he's spot on! If they don't produce, the fans are going to boo and show their displeasure. Right or wrong in terms of whether THESE players deserve it, (I feel a lot of them do because of what appears to be a lack of effort from night to night) the team (owner and GM) surely deserve it for the ineptitude that is and was the last 14 years!!

He just whines.  I don’t care if he’s accurate.  He doesn’t give us any details that I can’t glean for myself watching half a period of Sabres hockey.  Give us some deets. Tell me who skates to the bench lazily after a shift.  Tell us who the ingrates are in the locker room.  He’s so guarded in what he says about the players (he’s paid by the team he covers so I understand and has to travel with them) that there is never really any investigative reporting.  It’s just “they just keep making the same mistakes” “He just wasn’t anywheres nears the puck over there’s” Yes I’m exaggerating Paul’s use of the added “s” on “anywheres” . 

• Thanks (+1) 1

I totally agree on the fan perspective. As unfair as it may seem to the players, if the lose this game at home, the negative energy in that building every game after is going to be tough to see. It's gonna get ugly faster than than any other year if they start 0-3.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

A home opener after two early bad losses to open the year oversea.  I think we'd have a tough time imagining a worse but realistic scenario to start a year during this drought.  If there's actually anyone in that building, it could get ugly very fast.

...Or they could come out with their hair on fire and net the first couple goals to avoid it all.

I’ll be there somehow. (Having friends with seasons helps) I’ll be in a good mood but only due to the substances flowing through my body. 

5 minutes ago, Demoted said:

What I never understood was why people would force themselves to listen to someone they don't like. 

I don't like Paul and have never heard a single take he has ever said b.c I don't go looking for it.

In the car channel surfing. Hard to miss Hammie, he is on multiple times a day repeating the same thing. 

Edited by LabattBlue

Just now, LabattBlue said:

In the car channel surfing. Hard to miss Hammie.m, he is on multiple times a day repeating the same thing. 

OK I get that, I listen to the radio about 1-2 hours behind with the app so when his segment is gonna come on I skip to next segment.

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I like Paul because he knows puck generally, he knows the Sabres specifically, he's a more than capable hockey-talker (and a low key very good PBP guy), and, honestly, he seems like he'd be a good hang.

Where Paul can fall short, I think, is with having self-awareness over getting stuck in certain grooves, ruts and then just staying in them without -- as far as I can tell -- giving the matter much thought. I think something like that happened with Reinhart? And, ya, if he's now beating the drum about how the fan base is poised to turn on this club, that's ... a lot for early October.

Strictly based on the OP and comments up to this post, and not knowing precisely what Hamsammich said, I am regardless ready to back anyone who is concerned the fans can quickly turn on the team.

I mean, have we not read the last two game day threads? Perused X? Lived through the past 13 seasons?

I would be surprised if the fan-base has let out the leash for anyone connected to the Sabres organization.

P.S. IMHO Paul being a good hang would be very dependent upon whom he is hanging with.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

You don’t want to listen to Brian ‘Self-Appointed Saint’ Duff talk about all the music shows he is going to on a hockey show? Or some story about what a great community we’re in because of [perfectly crafted and topical anecdote]. What’s wrong with you?

Brian Duff is the worst personality in the Sabres media sphere. Paul Hamilton is an ass, but Brian Duff is an ass that loves the smell of his own farts. That’s worse. I have no idea how Duff continues to expand his role in the Sabres/Amerks business when the most exciting contribution he has made in the last year was to update us on the Blink-182 tour. It’s unreal. At least when Marty ‘snowplow’ Biron goes off track it’s entertaining. When Duff does it, it’s just virtue signaling and obnoxious. And he does it every time he talks.

If Duff were caught on “to catch a predator” tomorrow, it should surprise absolutely no one who has ever heard him speak. That’s the level of weird he’s at. I have no idea how anyone can stand him.

Awesome Celebrity Masterchef GIF by MasterChefAU

I couldn't have composed a better summary of how annoying Duff is - compliments to the chef!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I like Paul because he knows puck generally, he knows the Sabres specifically, he's a more than capable hockey-talker (and a low key very good PBP guy), and, honestly, he seems like he'd be a good hang.

Where Paul can fall short, I think, is with having self-awareness over getting stuck in certain grooves, ruts and then just staying in them without -- as far as I can tell -- giving the matter much thought. I think something like that happened with Reinhart? And, ya, if he's now beating the drum about how the fan base is poised to turn on this club, that's ... a lot for early October.

No it's not. I'm booing at the opener if they play like they did the 1st 2

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Haven’t even played a home game yet, and already carrying on about how the first mistake that goes in the net, the fans will turn on the team.  He has been carrying on about the fans booing for at least a year or more. 

Here’s an idea Hammy, how about getting on your soap box about the real problem…Pegula and Adams. 

He is a joke of a beat reporter. 

Over the years Bone has been critical of the ownership and GM decisions, from not having a president with hockey knowledge and coaching hires to the roster makeup. He has already said that if they miss the playoffs this year then Adam’s has to lose his job.

• Like (+1) 1