Paul Hamilton is awful! 2024-2025 edition.

LabattBlue

Haven’t even played a home game yet, and already carrying on about how the first mistake that goes in the net, the fans will turn on the team.  He has been carrying on about the fans booing for at least a year or more. 

Here’s an idea Hammy, how about getting on your soap box about the real problem…Pegula and Adams. 

He is a joke of a beat reporter. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

• LabattBlue changed the title to Paul Hamilton is awful! 2024-2025 edition.

I like Paul as well and I think he conveys the pulse of the community pretty accurately. As a STH and someone who is at most of the games, he's spot on! If they don't produce, the fans are going to boo and show their displeasure. Right or wrong in terms of whether THESE players deserve it, (I feel a lot of them do because of what appears to be a lack of effort from night to night) the team (owner and GM) surely deserve it for the ineptitude that is and was the last 14 years!!

There are plenty of issues relating to this turbulent hockey franchise to focus on. Getting hung up on Paul Hamilton as an irritating issue is odd. I have little problem with his views on this franchise. I don't understand why he is an issue for some people. In general, his criticisms of how this team has played over the past number of painful years conform to the criticisms coming out of this forum. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like Paul because he knows puck generally, he knows the Sabres specifically, he's a more than capable hockey-talker (and a low key very good PBP guy), and, honestly, he seems like he'd be a good hang.

Where Paul can fall short, I think, is with having self-awareness over getting stuck in certain grooves, ruts and then just staying in them without -- as far as I can tell -- giving the matter much thought. I think something like that happened with Reinhart? And, ya, if he's now beating the drum about how the fan base is poised to turn on this club, that's ... a lot for early October.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Agree 1

He just repeats the same crap every day.  Right now it is the whole “fans turning on the team”.   I remember when Reinhart wasn’t taking part in ROR’s practice after practice, and he carried on about it for months on end. 

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Where Paul can fall short, I think, is with having self-awareness over getting stuck in certain grooves, ruts and then just staying in them without -- as far as I can tell -- giving the matter much thought. 

Someone gets it. 👏🏻

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

He just repeats the same crap every day.  Right now it is the whole “fans turning on the team”.   I remember when Reinhart wasn’t taking part in ROR’s practice after practice, and he carried on about it for months on end. 

Yeah. He needs fresher (refreshed?)eyes over the long-term. 

A home opener after two early bad losses to open the year oversea.  I think we'd have a tough time imagining a worse but realistic scenario to start a year during this drought.  If there's actually anyone in that building, it could get ugly very fast.

...Or they could come out with their hair on fire and net the first couple goals to avoid it all.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Yeah. He needs fresher (refreshed?)eyes over the long-term. 

Poor guy has been here for the long term, he's just as bitter as the fans! Can you imagine having to report day in and day out on this s**t product? It has to be brutal looking for the positives night in and night out when ultimately there aren't any!

• Like (+1) 2

Overall I like Hamilton a lot.  He can be a bit...how can I say this....he can jump to conclusions when he interacts with fans (you'll say something and he just assumes the worst of what you are saying), and it would be better if he wouldn't be that way. However, overall I like hearing him talk about the team.

45 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I mean, he’s probably not wrong here.

There has been nothing new to report on in the last couple of days and his job requires him to talk hockey every day.  🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I like Paul Hamilton. Of all the media people covering the Sabres he and Marty Biron are the ones I can listen to.

He provides no insight.  I would expect a reporter to have at least a little. 

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Haven’t even played a home game yet, and already carrying on about how the first mistake that goes in the net, the fans will turn on the team.  He has been carrying on about the fans booing for at least a year or more. 

Here’s an idea Hammy, how about getting on your soap box about the real problem…Pegula and Adams. 

He is a joke of a beat reporter. 

The fanbase is a tinderbox.  Anything negative and it’s gonna go up in flames instantly.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LETSTUCHINGO said:

Poor guy has been here for the long term, he's just as bitter as the fans! Can you imagine having to report day in and day out on this s**t product? It has to be brutal looking for the positives night in and night out when ultimately there aren't any!

This is fair.

15 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

he can jump to conclusions when he interacts with fans (you'll say something and he just assumes the worst of what you are saying), and it would be better if he wouldn't be that way.

lol - there i was saying he'd probably be a good hang but forgetting that he has me blocked on twitter for some unknown reason.

he's infamously weird about foul language. maybe i cursed?

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

He provides no insight.

ehhh. really? i feel like he does actually know the game.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I don't really feel the same way you do about Paul Hamilton but I have that  feeling about Brian Duff, I can't even listen to him any longer on Sabres live. 

this strikes me as strange. duff is so inoffensive. and he's a pro. i mean, maybe some find him dull? (I don't.) but grating? i don't get that.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I don't really feel the same way you do about Paul Hamilton but I have that  feeling about Brian Duff, I can't even listen to him any longer on Sabres live. 

You don’t want to listen to Brian ‘Self-Appointed Saint’ Duff talk about all the music shows he is going to on a hockey show? Or some story about what a great community we’re in because of [perfectly crafted and topical anecdote]. What’s wrong with you?

Brian Duff is the worst personality in the Sabres media sphere. Paul Hamilton is an ass, but Brian Duff is an ass that loves the smell of his own farts. That’s worse. I have no idea how Duff continues to expand his role in the Sabres/Amerks business when the most exciting contribution he has made in the last year was to update us on the Blink-182 tour. It’s unreal. At least when Marty ‘snowplow’ Biron goes off track it’s entertaining. When Duff does it, it’s just virtue signaling and obnoxious. And he does it every time he talks.

If Duff were caught on “to catch a predator” tomorrow, it should surprise absolutely no one who has ever heard him speak. That’s the level of weird he’s at. I have no idea how anyone can stand him.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

You don’t want to listen to Brian ‘Self-Appointed Saint’ Duff talk about all the music shows he is going to on a hockey show? Or some story about what a great community we’re in because of [perfectly crafted and topical anecdote]. What’s wrong with you?

Brian Duff is the worst personality in the Sabres media sphere. Paul Hamilton is an ass, but Brian Duff is an ass that loves the smell of his own farts. That’s worse. I have no idea how Duff continues to expand his role in the Sabres/Amerks business when the most exciting contribution he has made in the last year was to update us on the Blink-182 tour. It’s unreal. At least when Marty ‘snowplow’ Biron goes off track it’s entertaining. When Duff does it, it’s just virtue signaling and obnoxious. And he does it every time he talks.

If Duff were caught on “to catch a predator” tomorrow, it should surprise absolutely no one who has ever heard him speak. That’s the level of weird he’s at. I have no idea how anyone can stand him.

You said it more bluntly than I would have but yes LOL

I can see why some here like Brian Duff, because some (definitely not all) love showing how you are the smartest guy in the room and that's exactly what Duff does and is constantly cutting off Biron or belittling his takes. I'll 100% stop listening to him mid season just like I did last season because of those reasons and again if you don't agree it's just my opinion, it's ok to "agree to disagree".

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

this strikes me as strange. duff is so inoffensive. and he's a pro. i mean, maybe some find him dull? (I don't.) but grating? i don't get that.  

He's state-run media.  That's always going to get to people no matter which market it is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

You said it more bluntly than I would have but yes LOL

I can see why some here like Brian Duff, because some (definitely not all) love showing how you are the smartest guy in the room and that's exactly what Duff does and is constantly cutting off Biron or belittling his takes. I'll 100% stop listening to him mid season just like I did last season because of those reasons and again if you don't agree it's just my opinion, it's ok to "agree to disagree".

Marty is a better man than I. Brian loves to mock his English, which is 100x better than Duff's French I'm sure.

Just watch. When Marty is talking Brian's mouth is already open.

And oh yeah... the cackling. Dear God the cackling.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

He's state-run media.  That's always going to get to people no matter which market it is.

This is how I see it too.  He does his job trying to keep it positive without insulting our intelligence.  Tricky spot when they suck like they do.  As for his music interests, meh.  Empire Network days are over, those were good days. - Simon, Blessing, Robitaille, curly haired dude who's name I'm forgetting.

As for Hamilton - he's definitely not a positive contribution to the fabric of the community in my opinion, especially if you take the player's perspective into consideration. Would you want to go to work every day and have to talk to him?  No thanks.  Maybe it's time to upgrade with a hottie, just saying.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

Holy sh1tballs.

I'm ... I'm sorta here for this.

I don't listen to him on the radio all that much. My exposure to him is pretty limited.

I defer to your well-articulated antipathy, good sir!

After You Zombieorpheus GIF by zoefannet

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Holy sh1tballs.

I'm ... I'm sorta here for this.

I don't listen to him on the radio all that much. My exposure to him is pretty limited.

I defer to your well-articulated antipathy, good sir!

After You Zombieorpheus GIF by zoefannet

I don't pay much attention to Duff either. The pre-game shows are just so nauseating and totally uninteresting from a hockey point of view. Give me the radio pre-game with Paul Hamilton any day  

• Like (+1) 1