James Reimer claimed by the Ducks

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to James Reimer claimed by the Ducks
1 minute ago, LTS said:

You can't?  He could have kept Reimer on the roster and sent down Levi who was waiver exempt right?

I mean, I’d much rather Levi be up and playing games than Reimer. Though, do you know if it was option to keep Levi in Roch but still call him up when we wanted him for a stretch, while keeping Reimer stashed on the roster? Unsure of the viability of that option but something like that may have been the best option 

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Levi is the 2nd best goalie

Wonderful.  Now Adams has no decent goaltender after those 2.  So if there is an injury (which is quite common) then the Sabres goaltending depth falls off a cliff. So it's still Adams' fault.

There's no world where the lack of goaltending depth is not the fault of the GM.

Not that it really matters because unless the team plays better no goaltender is saving this season. Also Adams fault.

1 minute ago, Thorner said:

I mean, I’d much rather Levi be up and playing games than Reimer. Though, do you know if it was option to keep Levi in Roch but still call him up when we wanted him for a stretch, while keeping Reimer stashed on the roster? Unsure of the viability of that option but something like that may have been the best option 

My understanding is that Levi was eligible to be called up and sent down without having to pass through waivers. I could be wrong.  I agree Levi is better than Reimer, but the depth issue is the concern.  I suppose they can go get another goalie as needed.

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Sorry I thought this year was about winning? 

And let us know how that winning goes if UPL or Levi goes down with an injury and the next goalie up hasn't proven they can make saves in the NHL.

10 minutes ago, LTS said:

Wonderful.  Now Adams has no decent goaltender after those 2.  So if there is an injury (which is quite common) then the Sabres goaltending depth falls off a cliff. So it's still Adams' fault.

There's no world where the lack of goaltending depth is not the fault of the GM.

Not that it really matters because unless the team plays better no goaltender is saving this season. Also Adams fault.

My understanding is that Levi was eligible to be called up and sent down without having to pass through waivers. I could be wrong.  I agree Levi is better than Reimer, but the depth issue is the concern.  I suppose they can go get another goalie as needed.

And let us know how that winning goes if UPL or Levi goes down with an injury and the next goalie up hasn't proven they can make saves in the NHL.

Yes cause the 3 headed goalie worked so well for them last season

there's a reason why 95% of the teams carry 2 

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

There is something objectively funny about Adams (1) clearly having had Reimer as part of his goaltending plan for the season and (2) then losing him to waivers at the start of the season.

Adams does not inspire confidence as a GM. 

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Yes cause the 3 headed goalie worked so well for them last season

there's a reason why 95% of the teams carry 2 

Do you not understand he could have sent Levi down to play more and not lose all the quality depth?