Coin flip on ownership

Stoner

Heads the Sabres are sold and moved to Houston never to return. Tails the Sabres are sold to an obscure Manitoba donut king and he is the one we have been waiting for... a Cup (Stanley to be precise) in Year Three. Do you flip?   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Heads the Sabres are sold and moved to Houston never to return. Tails the Sabres are sold to an obscure Manitoba donut king and he is the one we have been waiting for... a Cup (Stanley to be precise) in Year Three. Do you flip?

• Yes. Get busy living or get busy dying.
    • No. Too risky. Houston? That's a problem.

Heads the Sabres are sold and moved to Houston never to return. Tails the Sabres are sold to an obscure Manitoba donut king and he is the one we have been waiting for... a Cup (Stanley to be precise) in Year Three. Do you flip?  

You're right to put the focus on Pegula.  Ownership has been and is the problem.

For a couple of years now I have been in "I just hope he sells the team" mode and I will remain there until he sells it.

Long season to go though.

12 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

You're right to put the focus on Pegula.  Ownership has been and is the problem.

For a couple of years now I have been in "I just hope he sells the team" mode and I will remain there until he sells it.

Long season to go though.

Yes but do you flip?

Well since I don't live in Buffalo I don't really care what city they are in so the question would be are they still the Sabres? If the goat head becomes one of those dead steers with the horns I'm thinking it's not really the same team any more. I'd be fine with a move to Portland. That's not too far. Atlanta Sabres has a better sound than Houston Sabres. Quebec City would be fun. Rekindle that Montreal rivalry and Gilbert can be their ambassador. 

I suspect if they weren't called the Sabres though I'd probably stop following them.

Pegula has to go though. He's the constant and this ship is sinking deeper all the time. Best case scenario they stay in Buffalo but with a new owner who hires hockey people to run it and stays out of their way. Then create a goat head section for fans like those Czechs had. 

idk, they were so damn good in the 70s. It's just so sad now.