Would you be happy if Pegula sold the team?

LabattBlue

Sell the team?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Sell the team?

I don't care who buys it or if the team moves.  This team is an insult to the city of Buffalo because of the owner. People laugh about Buffalo because they equate the Sabres to the city.

Who wants that?

Get it over with already.

• Agree 1
  • dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

No.

The problem is not with ownership overall, except when he listened to terrrible advice that one time.  That set the team back for a decade +.

Are you kidding?   Pegula is the problem…and it wasn’t one bad decision.  The stink starts at the top and permeates all the way down to the on ice product.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Are you kidding?   Pegula is the problem…and it wasn’t one bad decision.  The stink starts at the top and permeates all the way down to the on ice product.  

Nope.  TP has been a good owner overall.  Has done much for the community.  The one fateful decision sealed our fate.  If they chose another option in 2014 we likely would have been back in the playoff long ago and maybe back to actual contending for another cusp (hey, of @Stoner).  No guarantees, but the odds would have been far greater.

Just now, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Nope.  TP has been a good owner overall.  Has done much for the community.  The one fateful decision sealed our fate.  If they chose another option in 2014 we likely would have been back in the playoff long ago and maybe back to actual contending for another cusp (hey, of @Stoner).  No guarantees, but the odds would have been far greater.

😂😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Name one good decision Pegula has made since he bought the team? 

He built Harbor Center and the whole area around the arena.  He renovated the arena.  He guaranteed the team would stay in Buffalo.  He has spent a lot of money on the team and fascilities.  He has not shyed away from paying players.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

He built Harbor Center and the whole area around the arena.  He renovated the arena.  He guaranteed the team would stay in Buffalo.  He has spent a lot of money on the team and fascilities.  He has not shyed away from paying players.

What whole area around the arena?

The vacant BN building? The vacant HSBC Atrium building?  The big hole in the ground that used to be the Aud?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

You do remember when they were paying most of the team league minimum? Also they fired basically the whole front office. When I say what he did as an owner I didn’t mean building *****. It’s easy to build buildings.  It’s hard building a winning NHL team. 

He’s spending money on players because they had one good season a couple years ago. Which appears to be an anomaly at this point. 

he replaced the roof and put in a new Jumbotron. That is basically the upgrades to the arena. 

the only thing that he did was keep the team in Buffalo. Just about every decision after that was a disaster 

Edited by Sidc3000

10 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

What whole area around the arena?

The vacant BN building? The vacant HSBC Atrium building?  The big hole in the ground that used to be the Aud?

Terry for some reason also gets credit for Canalside. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but he has had little to nothing to do with it.

This is the problem with many fans. They constantly hold out hope and see things through rose colored glasses.  The team isn’t good. The players are not that good, the organization is not good. 

Until we see constantly great play, then the team isn’t good. I’m 51 years old, I’m tired of waiting. 

Come on, this isn’t a serious question. A sports-historic run of ineptitude aligns precisely with his tenure. Yes, a million times over yes. It would save the franchise 

He’s the biggest issue, by far 

Would defy logic to suggest we could pull a worse rabbit out of the hat. You don’t fear stuff like that when your current hand is the worst possible. 

Don't want him to sell the team.  If he does, you will never see another hockey team in Buffalo.  Better off hoping that eventually things will change -- he will either do what Dolan did with the Knicks where he hired someone competent and stayed out of their business, or his kids get more involved and either talk some sense into him or assume ownership themselves.

I live in New York City and went through hell with Dolan where he felt he knew best.  Eventually things changed and look where the Knicks are now.

I worked today. I asked Siri at 2pm who won the Sabres game because i forgot they were playing. I was expecting to see Devils 3, Sabres 1. I laughed when I saw it. That’s my relationship with the Sabres right now. Sell them