GDT: Sabres @ Devils (in Prague), 10/5 @ 10am ET, MSG (local), NHLN, 550

#freejame

I'd run Dillon. I'd then run him again. I'm fact every time he touches the ice I ***** lay him out until he gets the message. 

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Not upgrading any of Jokiharju, Samuelsson or Clifton was a huge failure this offseason 

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Thanks (+1) 1

impreseed with NJ. they're on top of every puck seems like they have 7 guys on the ice, no room out there.. players away from the puck buzzing around high pressure team finishing checks, they look gooood.

Buffalo just looks out matched in every aspect.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

I appear to be in the minority here but i think the Sabres are skating very well with a very fast team in the Devils, they have a bunch of young solid players. That hit on Peterka should have easily been an ejection and is the type of hit they say they're trying to take out of the game. Also many are mistaking toughness for fighting, I think we may only have 2 actual fighters (Greenway/Malenstyn) and I know we all wanted to see Tuch actually fight but he would have been another Dylan Cozens situation, Dillon is a tough fighter in the league, Tuch is not but yeah I would of at least liked to see a punch thrown before going down like a sack of potatoes. All in all I think we're playing well and Levi looks great so far, a little shaky but I like his positioning. Now I'll run away and hide in the shadows before I get pitchforks thrown at me LOL. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

impreseed with NJ. they're on top of every puck seems like they have 7 guys on the ice, no room out there.. players away from the puck buzzing around high pressure team finishing checks, they look gooood.

Buffalo just looks out matched in every aspect.

Up until the middle of last season, the Devils were coached by a dinosaur.  They decided that the dinosaur couldn't take them to the next level, but he (and his staff) left them with good habits and solid fundamentals.

The Sabres, at the same time, were led  by a wanna-be life coach and a den mom.