GDT: Sabres @ Devils (in Prague), 10/5 @ 10am ET, MSG (local), NHLN, 550

#freejame

24 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

D) Lindy believes the issue is in the top six, wants to let Kulich have a chance in his home country to see if he has a spark (plus he’s rested), and Benson is the low man on the totem pole in the aforementioned top six. Lindy doesn’t want to bump Benson down to the bottom six. Ergo, Benson sits and Krebs slots in (Krebs also being fresh).

I don’t agree with it. I’d sit one of Thompson or Cozens, start the rookie, and let that be the kick in the dupa the top six deserves. But Lindy also has to manage personalities and I guess he believes mixing up the top six sends a message regardless. 

What teams bench their core star centers 1 game into a season?  It’s going to take 15-20 games of putrid effort and that might not even work.  These guys are on cruise control.  They got paid.  Time for autopilot.  

Just not enough talent on this team. Shouldn't be surprising though. I understood moving on from Skinner, but seeing what he was replaced with has me second guessing it. I don't know what Lindy could possibly do to squeeze 92+ points out of this group.

• Agree 2

Just now, inkman said:

What teams bench their core star centers 1 game into a season?  It’s going to take 15-20 games of putrid effort and that might not even work.  These guys are on cruise control.  They got paid.  Time for autopilot.  

What good is "talent" if you don't give a sh*t whether you win or lose?