GDT: Sabres @ Devils (in Prague), 10/5 @ 10am ET, MSG (local), NHLN, 550

#freejame

Just now, pastajoe said:

Are the Devils the home team, or did the Sabres give up 2 home games in Buffalo?

Each team lost one home game. The Sabres are on the road today. 

But, if you look at the Sabres’ schedule on ESPN, both games are listed as vs. NJ, which would lead you to conclude that they gave up two home games.  

32 minutes ago, #freejame said:

So Benson is either:

A) Hurt

B) Sitting because Lindy thinks he performed the worst of any forward yesterday

C) Sitting because Lindy wants to give Krebs an opportunity to play an international team and he’s lowest on the totem pole

whats most concerning?

D) Lindy believes the issue is in the top six, wants to let Kulich have a chance in his home country to see if he has a spark (plus he’s rested), and Benson is the low man on the totem pole in the aforementioned top six. Lindy doesn’t want to bump Benson down to the bottom six. Ergo, Benson sits and Krebs slots in (Krebs also being fresh).

I don’t agree with it. I’d sit one of Thompson or Cozens, start the rookie, and let that be the kick in the dupa the top six deserves. But Lindy also has to manage personalities and I guess he believes mixing up the top six sends a message regardless.