GDT: Sabres @ Devils (in Prague), 10/5 @ 10am ET, MSG (local), NHLN, 550

#freejame

2 minutes ago, Demoted said:

2 goals scored, 6 goals against... it's only 2 games, it's only 2 games...

It's not "only 2 games". It's 4 points to a conference opponent. There's more here than merely "waiting for the team to find themselves" or "giving them time to get to know each other". The season has started, training camp is over. Setting the tone for the season by handing 4 points to a conference opponent while not showing up, at all, is quite frankly......disgraceful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

It's not "only 2 games". It's 4 points to a conference opponent. There's more here than merely "waiting for the team to find themselves" or "giving them time to get to know each other". The season has started, training camp is over. Setting the tone for the season by handing 4 points to a conference opponent while not showing up, at all, is quite frankly......disgraceful.

Yup. We’ve seen this many times before and it always ends the same. If we don’t respond we could start out 0-4 easily. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I wasn't being serious. This team is a joke, might as well join along.

• Like (+1) 1

I mentioned I wasn't too mad about game 1 and that game 2 would be the real answer. 

We got it. They played "marginally" better, sorta. The shots were absolutely out of hand, and this team seemed to pack it in. 

Clean hit or not, I needed to see some fire from this team, OK cool, good for tuch; but cmon, where was even an attempt to throw a hit at anyone on their team. Where is 11 million dollar captain? Tage one dangle and lose the puck, even Quinn is non existent. 

Something is wrong in Sabreland 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Yup. We’ve seen this many times before and it always ends the same. If we don’t respond we could start out 0-4 easily. 

I actually expect it Gatorman. I mean, how do these players explain what was just witnessed these 2 days? Are they literally that bad individually at hockey? Do they all hate one another? Are they all seeing the same motivational speaker in one on one sessions?

I mean for real, what in the hell were they doing during the games? They looked like a pack of monkeys trying to hump the same football.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I actually expect it Gatorman. I mean, how do these players explain what was just witnessed these 2 days? Are they literally that bad individually at hockey? Do they all hate one another? Are they all seeing the same motivational speaker in one on one sessions?

I mean for real, what in the hell were they doing during the games? They looked like a pack of monkeys trying to hump the same football.

We'd be lucky if they're trying to hump a football, at least someone would get "up" for the game 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Lindy is probably having a dark realization right now just how bad they are. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Thorner said:

Being a good home team would go a long way this year. Maybe that’s what we’ll see, which is more along the lines of what you see with most teams re: splits. Maybe we get back to NA and they look like a different team on home ice/frees Lindy up a little bit or something. 

They might look different against a lot of teams in the league.  I think the devils are that good. 

• Agree 1