GDT: Sabres @ Devils (in Prague), 10/5 @ 10am ET, MSG (local), NHLN, 550

#freejame

20 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Good thing we got the has been coach that got fired by the team that is now destroying us two days in a row 🤣😂

Well the Devils are a far better team and in part because Lindy did a very good job bringing the devils out of the lower echelon and into the playoffs.  Last year he had no goaltending and a bunch of injuries.   

The Sabres players are missing open nets, standing around on the PP, and just not generating anything offensively - It looks clear in the last two days that we do not have the horses in the top 6.   

If this turns into another down year then they will have to look at the Core and shake it up.   Unfortunately, the over his head GM is not the guy to do that. 

• Like (+1) 3

Lindy is probably wondering what he got himself into.  Has a lot of work to do 

I'm feeling that my rope is very short with them this season. They just aren't worth the aggravation.  I usually stop being emotionally invested sometime in late Nov.   so this could be a record for me 

Only positive I can come up with is Levy otherwise it's a lot more of the same. Can't win a face off , PP is a joke and injuries already piling up 

speaking of injuries, if Dahlin isnt 100% hold him out until he is.   He needs to be a difference maker and clearly he isn't 

so I'll be back next game, cheering them on but they better get their $hit together quick 

8 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

3 players down already. Yikes. 

I think Dahlin is 4.  

18 minutes ago, repster said:

Are the Sabres gonna get booed onto the ice Thursday?

It’s what they deserve.

I reluctantly feel fortunate I stopped buying tickets.

I will be there on Thursday and I will not be booing them when they come out.  

Rome was not built in two days.   

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Thompson is NOT a "star" 

Cozens is not consistent enough to be a top 6 player. 

What happened to our illustrious captain, he looks so disinterested. 

Krebs... Nuff said. 

Ruff in all of his glory, benched out only. Player with heart for said Krebs. 

We let a dirty hit basically go, hung Levi out to dry, couldn't out skate anyone to a loose puck and quite simply looked like a college club team. 

I'm struggling to see any light here, the tunnel isn't just long, it's collapsed and we're running out of oxygen. 

It wasn’t a dirty hit. I don’t even think it should have been an interference penalty.

JJP,… WTF?! You skated right into a guy that was standing still! Keep your ***** head up!

• Like (+1) 1

I thought it was a pretty intence hockey game. Have seen a lot worse in global series. I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't a Sabres fan. I do not think they outplayed us, but they outscored us. And we lost Peterka early. And a prediction I had before the season started yesterday was Devils winning Presidents trophy, but never posted in this forum.

The Sabres powerplay must be fixed however, it is a disaster. A powerplay like that might bring Östlund from Rochester faster than he should.

The difference in speed between Devils and Sabres came from better timing in opening passes, and passes on the blade. We usually lost speed trying to pick up the puck imo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Lindy is probably wondering what he got himself into.  Has a lot of work to do 

I'm feeling that my rope is very short with them this season. They just aren't worth the aggravation.  I usually stop being emotionally invested sometime in late Nov.   so this could be a record for me 

Only positive I can come up with is Levy otherwise it's a lot more of the same. Can't win a face off , PP is a joke and injuries already piling up 

speaking of injuries, if Dahlin isnt 100% hold him out until he is.   He needs to be a difference maker and clearly he isn't 

so I'll be back next game, cheering them on but they better get their $hit together quick 

It's not going to be easy for all those fragile egos when they get booed on home ice.

The team is poorly constructed.  There is some individual talent, but the sum of the parts does not make for a quality team.  Watching the Devils successfully drive to the net or get to the front of the net from behind the net suggests that we just don't have the physical mix of players to stop this from happening.

The Devils have some very good young talented players and I think their young core is better than our core.  Not sure if that can be fully blamed on Adams and the scouts, but I don't think that Adams knows how to put together a competitive team roster.  He has had enough time, and the poor results continue.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Well, that was an extremely disappointing showing by the Sabres, who got outplayed — although not as badly as yesterday IMHO — by the Devils for most of the game and then basically panicked and quit in the third period when they fell behind 2-1.

Also a poor showing by certain posters who felt the need to bring politics into this thread, although I appreciate the vast majority who left it alone. I’m out walking the dog now, but will take further steps on this when I get back to my computer.

In the meantime, I wonder if someone can tell me exactly why Dahlin is making $11 million a year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Skipped most of the GDT as I suspect it reads a lot like yesterdays.

The most entertaining part of that game is watching Sabretooth on the glass when Tuch and Dillon dance. If you have not noticed it, go find it.  I think we're all right there with 'Tooth.

No surprise Tuch didn't hit Dillon, he can't hit the net, he can't hit a player with a check (thanks for the drive-by on Casey's goal) so it's no surprise he won't hit another play with his hands. He's the embodiment of the problem right now and he was last year.  He's 6'4 who playes like 5.9.. where as Benson is 5'9 and plays like he's 6'4.

The team is a joke, still. The Devils are roasting the team on socials and I sure as hell hope the team gets their ***** booed off the ice next Thursday if the turn in another divine effort like they did in Prague.

The owner is a joke, he needs to go.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

There were a couple of months during the 2022/23 season that our power play was among the best in the league. With largely the same guys we have now, minus Skinner. I don't understand how they can't even find a way to even approach competence now 

That season was anomaly. Just like our “core” had a way overachieving season. Most of the players had “career years” that fans assumed was going to be normal. That wasn’t normal and I don’t see it happening again. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

The team is poorly constructed.  There is some individual talent, but the sum of the parts does not make for a quality team.  Watching the Devils successfully drive to the net or get to the front of the net from behind the net suggests that we just don't have the physical mix of players to stop this from happening.

The Devils have some very good young talented players and I think their young core is better than our core.  Not sure if that can be fully blamed on Adams and the scouts, but I don't think that Adams knows how to put together a competitive team roster.  He has had enough time, and the poor results continue.

Some good comments here.  The Devils Core is better than ours.  Last year it looked like Detroit's young Core was better than ours, and it looks like the Ottawa young core is at least as good as ours.  So even if we improve, our division rival are improving too.  There was a time just a few years ago when NJ was behind us.  

Adams drafting has been ok, but he has shown no ability to bring in the right complementary veteran players to help them grow.  

I think it’s time to look for a replacement at 1RW. I’ve said before, Tuch isn’t a first liner on most teams. TT I do believe would make for a good 2C. Of the three, only one I like on the top line is the one concussed.

Cozens is a 3C in terms of skill. Based on what we see of him and Tuch on the PK, they could make for a good shut down third line with Benson as 3LW.

That would mean the team needs a real 1C, 1RW, 2C, and 2LW. This could explain why the offense and PP are so bad. Four of our top six are woefully out of their depth.

To be clear, TT is not a 1C just because of a salary and flash in the pan 1 1/2 seasons.

Fetch Mean Girls GIF by Paramount Movies

Edited by SABRES 0311
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, that was an extremely disappointing showing by the Sabres, who got outplayed — although not as badly as yesterday IMHO — by the Devils for most of the game and then basically panicked and quit in the third period when they fell behind 2-1.

Also a poor showing by certain posters who felt the need to bring politics into this thread, although I appreciate the vast majority who left it alone. I’m out walking the dog now, but will take further steps on this when I get back to my computer.

In the meantime, I wonder if someone can tell me exactly why Dahlin is making $11 million a year.

Dahlin has a lot of potential. He will toughen up w/in a few years.

• Shocked 1