GDT: Sabres @ Devils (in Prague), 10/5 @ 10am ET, MSG (local), NHLN, 550

#freejame

Thompson is NOT a "star" 

Cozens is not consistent enough to be a top 6 player. 

What happened to our illustrious captain, he looks so disinterested. 

Krebs... Nuff said. 

Ruff in all of his glory, benched out only. Player with heart for said Krebs. 

We let a dirty hit basically go, hung Levi out to dry, couldn't out skate anyone to a loose puck and quite simply looked like a college club team. 

I'm struggling to see any light here, the tunnel isn't just long, it's collapsed and we're running out of oxygen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

The Sabes look slow because they're thinking too much, hesitant... you can see it they're not sure of the decisions they're making.   

The intent to play how Lindy wants them to play is there, but they're second guessing themselves.    Can't play hockey that way, it's instinctual.

Ill give them a month or so to show improvement... but it's gonna be tough to watch for a bit here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, pi2000 said:

The Sabes look slow because they're thinking too much, hesitant... you can see it they're not sure of the decisions they're making.   

The intent to play how Lindy wants them to play is there, but they're second guessing themselves.    Can't play hockey that way, it's instinctual.

Ill give them a month or so to show improvement... but it's gonna be tough to watch for a bit here.

Can't wait for that month to go by and then watch us fruitless try to dig out of a 15 point hole to miss the playoffs again

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

As far as the game goes for me personally all of the positive feel good gonna slay the dragon drivel we heard pre season is gone. We essentially look like the same team with a different bottom 6. Totally outplayed. Levi had a good game. Can’t say the same for anyone else in the forward ranks. On to the next one I suppose.🤷🏻‍♂️

• Agree 2

Just now, repster said:

Are the Sabres gonna get booed onto the ice Thursday?

It’s what they deserve.

I reluctantly feel fortunate I stopped buying tickets.

The fans will cheer them until they get down a couple goals, then the Fire Kevyn chants will start.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Watched about 10 min of the 2nd period and then left to run some errands. 

Pegula & Co. have ruined this franchise.  I stay with Spectrum in WNY in order to see the Sabres on TV, but I am so close to just giving up on the Sabres and the NHL. 

Just tired of a BAD & BORING product. 

This is the nightmare that just won’t end. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Mr Peabody said:

Donnie’s resume looks a lot better today.  He got a year of exciting hockey out of these guys.  Snooze fest this weekend.  

Donnie is the reason that this team is a disjointed mess with no clue how to play fundamentally sound hockey.  

Ruff is a high-floor/low-ceiling coach, but is good at installing a system with solid fundamentals.  The young guys on the Devils used the fundamentals they learned under Ruff to destroy the Sabres this weekend.

7 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Perhaps they’re overthinking it as you said and that’s certainly a contributing factor, but I think they look slow and hesitant mostly because the Devils flat out have superior speed and skill from top to bottom. 

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Watched about 10 min of the 2nd period and then left to run some errands. 

Pegula & Co. have ruined this franchise.  I stay with Spectrum in WNY in order to see the Sabres on TV, but I am so close to just giving up on the Sabres and the NHL. 

Just tired of a BAD & BORING product. 

This is the nightmare that just won’t end. 

I gave up on the NHL and Bettman's clown show years ago. I'm currently on life-support with the Sabres. They are the only reason I still watch the bigger "product". Loyalty can be a real beotch.

• Agree 1