GDT: Sabres @ Devils (in Prague), 10/5 @ 10am ET, MSG (local), NHLN, 550

#freejame

So Benson is either:

A) Hurt

B) Sitting because Lindy thinks he performed the worst of any forward yesterday

C) Sitting because Lindy wants to give Krebs an opportunity to play an international team and he’s lowest on the totem pole

whats most concerning?

Edited by #freejame

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Benson is not on the ice 

Krebs is 

Benson was one of the few to make an effort. Taking out the youngest guy does not send the message they need. It should have been Thompson, and take out Samuelsson for Bryson.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, #freejame said:

I didn’t make yesterdays, but typically they go about as well as any other Sabres game when I do. So, poorly. 

It's better. Almost acceptable. I think it translates to a better showing but ultimately a shootout loss. 4-3

Edited by Stoner

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

So Benson is either:

A) Hurt

B) Sitting because Lindy thinks he performed the worst of any forward yesterday

C) Sitting because Lindy wants to give Krebs an opportunity to play an international team and he’s lowest on the totem pole

whats most concerning?

Benson being hurt.  Hoping it’s nothing serious and they recognize this is very early in the season to have to play through some type of injury on a back to back with 5 days rest incoming.

2 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Benson was one of the few to make an effort. Taking out the youngest guy does not send the message they need. It should have been Thompson, and take out Samuelsson for Bryson.

This was telegraphed in training camp. They clearly want Kulich at the 2nd line wing spot. Zach Benson deserves better than this organization. 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Lindy sending an early message by benching the hard working, high IQ player with a ton of talent. That'll show everyone. 

Bet Tage, Tuch, and Cozens really take note. Lolz

Wow we are an angry bunch to start the season.  The loss pissed me off too but until I hear Benson was a healthy scratch I’ll continue to assume he’s not.  Many clips of Ruff praising Benson all through training camp. 

Just now, Derrico said:

Wow we are an angry bunch to start the season.  The loss pissed me off too but until I hear Benson was a healthy scratch I’ll continue to assume he’s not.  Many clips of Ruff praising Benson all through training camp. 

Fine, we can wait to see if he's a healthy scratch... but I'm still sharpening my pitchfork and soaking my torch in pitch. 

IMO the Benson benching isn't about anything other than trying to get that line to score some goals (unless he's hurt which could be the case.)  Something wasn't clicking yesterday, and while it wasn't for lack of Benson's effort, maybe Lindy just is thinking Kulich may be a better fit there.

I take it as a good sign that effort isn't going to be rewarded this year, it's about results.

Edited by Captain Caveman

1 minute ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

So I broke down and paid msg 10.00 to watch the game..... made sure I doubled my blood pressure medicine this morning!!! Think I have to listen to devil broadcast....grrrrr

Look at the bright side. At least you’ll have play-by-play that tells you what is happening and gets excited when things do happen.

Though Marty during the intermissions is very good. He already does part time national work; it’s only a matter of time before we lose him to broadcast UFA.