GDT: Sabres @ Devils (in Prague), 10/5 @ 10am ET, MSG (local), NHLN, 550

#freejame

Just now, Billznut said:

Well at least the guys got a European vacation paid for by the team  NHL and got lots of great pictures. I’m sure we will be told there was lots of team bonding that will carry them through the season. 

Let’s not give Pegula credit on the NHL’s Dime 

4 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I agree the Devils are good.  I have said all offseason that I think they should compete for the top of the conference. BUT, this 'core' has to at least be able to compete with that. This core...Dahlin, Cozens, Tuch, Quinn, Power.....THIS is the group that is going to make a run at the cup IF its ever going to happen. If this core is so far away from other teams they need to beat, then you aren't getting a new core for close to another decade.

This core is a trash bag full of broken toys.  It's what happens when you turn your organization over ti an incompetent pencil pusher/kiss-ass like Kevyn Adams.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Special teams are bad and a big part of the imbalance.   

There were a couple of months during the 2022/23 season that our power play was among the best in the league. With largely the same guys we have now, minus Skinner. I don't understand how they can't even find a way to even approach competence now 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CallawaySabres said:

Good thing we got the has been coach that got fired by the team that is now destroying us two days in a row 🤣😂

That 'has been' coach had a better record with that team than they were after he was fired last year, and probably had the most decimated roster in the NHL by injuries last year.  Plus I think if there is an issue with this team, we are seeing its the players (or owner). The have had enough coaches, with different backgrounds, different styles... over the years, the results never change.

We should not need the mods to come in and clean up a GDT full of political nonsense.

There is a well advertised Club for that talk.

There is not a mod online now, so I suggest that anyone who participated (you know who you are) delete your political based post and we forget it ever happened.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, HumanSlinky39 said:

There were a couple of months during the 2022/23 season that our power play was among the best in the league. With largely the same guys we have now, minus Skinner. I don't understand how they can't even find a way to even approach competence now 

Opposing teams figured out how to neutralize the Thompson one-timer.  It's taken the coaching staff a season and a half to come up with a plan B.

• Like (+1) 1