GDT: Sabres @ Devils (in Prague), 10/5 @ 10am ET, MSG (local), NHLN, 550

#freejame

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Remember 2 years ago when we scored a bunch of goals but got ***** goaltending? That was more fun than this.

100% agree. Yeah, if you want to win, I guess you have to have some kind of balance, but I fall way, WAY on the side of scoring, entertaining end to end hockey.

I don't care if my goalie has a 3.5+ GAA and .900 or below save percentage..IF I know that most games I watch I am going to see the good guy score at least 3-4 goals and explode for 6-7+ a couple times per month.

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This is my biggest concern about firing Adams.

GM Jerry Forton.  

Benson wasn’t even on His Radar until the analytics department forced Benson to the front of the line. 

Jason Nightengale listens to the analytics department because he knows they make him better at his job 

The analytics department will stay for Adams or Karmanos, but not for Forton. 

That would truthfully be the end of my Fandom in the Pegula era. 

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

By that time the season might be over.  

The PP is just terrible.  They can’t even get into the zone.  

The can’t keep possession of the puck.  Only Levi  is keeping them in the game.  

Also why is Benson sitting today?  Was he hurt?  If not, why do you take out the only player who plays the right way?

^ 100% Agree

14 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Stop it.

It's gonna take about 20-25 games before we know who this team is.   Will take time to work out the bad habits, there's no quick fix, it takes time.

I'm not willing to wait a quarter of the season or more, I've waited 13 seasons now. Waiting is over.

5 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Here we go again. It’s the second ***** game of the season and they’re playing hurt already? Just seems to be excuses now 

It does make sense...Byram and power both had more ice time than Dahlin did yesterday, and through 2 periods they are all really close (I think Bryam again has more ice time).

Last year Dahlin was a couple minutes ahead of everyone most games.

4 minutes ago, Stoner said:

But yeah if they're approaching xmas at .500 they will be out of a playoff spot. And we know how that ends.

.500 on Dec 3rd is ok, especially if its a Deluca .500. 

I just don't see any magic instant turnaround. This is a process, just like the Bills went through under McD.  Earn the right to win.  

• Haha (+1) 1