GDT: Sabres @ Devils (in Prague), 10/5 @ 10am ET, MSG (local), NHLN, 550

#freejame

Just now, Big Guava said:

Where is the team that looked like the Globetrotters on Ice making other teams look ridiculous defensively?

Bring that team back.

It was before Granato taught them "defense" 

It appears to be they have yet to be taught that. 

1 minute ago, Stoner said:

So does 0-2 matter? You wouldn't think so.

But in less than 24 hours the Sabres have gone from having to play at a 96 point pace* to make the playoffs to now a 98.4 point pace.

*YMMV

You have been getting into the numbers lately? 

Pretty soon you will be rolling out fancy stats.  We need to know:   (1) Expected high danger fanning on the puck,  (2) % of breakout passes behind the winger per 60 minutes, and (3) % of goals given up by standing around with stick blade in the air,  - fixing stuff like this would improve the team greatly.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

Oh I'm sorry...I guess they are suddenly some impenetrable defense and completely different from last year 

lol - actually, yes. They got some injuries back and signed some actual effective FA d-men.

That said - I don't disagree that Buffalo's forwards have looked like doo-doo. Heck POWER has looked like are best F at times, hahaha.

5 minutes ago, Stoner said:

"It's gonna take some time."

It begins.

Sadly, it is. Rarely can a coach just flip a switch and change years of bad habits and loser mentality. Of course being 14 years on, patience is justifiably in short supply. I had my doubts about being back Lindy and these two games are certainly doing nothing to sway me, but I do get that there's a hill to climb.

Edited by HumanSlinky39

2 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

It’s really hard to watch this team because I feel like I wasted hours watching this crap.

It's not a feeling, it's a fact. If they're going to lose, is it too much to ask that they at least make it entertaining? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, HumanSlinky39 said:

Sadly, it is. Rarely can a coach just flip a switch and change years of bad habits we loser mentality. Of course being 14 years on, patience is justifiably in short supply. I had my doubts about being back Lindy and these two games are certainly doing nothing to sway me, but I do get that there's a hill to climb.

Don't worry, Appert will take over for Lindy and Fornton will take over for Adams and the cycle will continue 

Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

I’m pretty sure it should read “Tuch tried to stand up for Peterka. Dillon made him answer for it.”

Srsly. Aren't people tired of getting gaslit even re: Sabres hockey? It's all over our society.

• Agree 1

It looks like the Sabres are playing in a video game where the setting has their skating speed at 10% less than the other team.  They aren't keeping up with the opponent often, and they aren't even accelerating well.

Its almost like every shift they look like they are winded tired, at the end of a long shift even when they just get out there.