GDT: Sabres @ Devils (in Prague), 10/5 @ 10am ET, MSG (local), NHLN, 550

#freejame

Your last place Buffalo Sabres take on first place New Jersey Devils. Buffalo came out flat and uninspiring yesterday on the first half of a season opening back to back. The team will need to pick up the pace of play and attack much more aggressively than what we saw yesterday. Fancy stats will say we outplayed Jersey, but anyone with eyes can see that wasn’t the game they were watching. NAK was injured yesterday so expect at least some changes to the lineup. Go Sabres. Right the ship. 

Edited by #freejame

• #freejame changed the title to GDT: Sabres @ Devils (in Prague), 10/5 @ 10am ET, MSG (local), NHLN, 550
  • #freejame changed the title to GDT: Sabres @ Devils (in Prague), 10/5 @ 10am ET, MSG (local), NHLN, 550

I was at work and listened to a little of the game. Once I realized that Dunleavy is terrible on the radio and that I had no idea what was going on, I turned it off. Reading the GDT, I expected much worse once I could watch the replay. They had their chances early, and it was one ridiculous save away from being a 2-1 game. I think we’ll see a better team today.

They also didn’t look like they were in season shape yet. I’m fine with that.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I was at work and listened to a little of the game. Once I realized that Dunleavy is terrible on the radio and that I had no idea what was going on, I turned it off. Reading the GDT, I expected much worse once I could watch the replay. They had their chances early, and it was one ridiculous save away from being a 2-1 game. I think we’ll see a better team today.

They also didn’t look like they were in season shape yet. I’m fine with that.

I'm ***** not. Why is it they keep getting passes? The Devils looked in shape, but Buffalo, nahhh.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm ***** not. Why is it they keep getting passes? The Devils looked in shape, but Buffalo, nahhh.

I presume they’re in just as good shape as the Devils.

I think they look slow and behind the play because they lack confidence in what they’re doing.

Or it’s because they don’t compete hard enough.

Or it’s because the opposing players are better than them.

It’s likely a combination of these factors.

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Exactly. The fan base is always willing to give them passes and management knows it. Throw the fans a bone by picking up a couple players to “make the team hard to play against” which obviously wasn’t the case. Then add a big ass, wrap around scoreboard, so it looks like we’re doing something. Throw in a bit of nostalgia by hiring a beloved washed up former coach.. volá. 

they started that game like they were scared and very unprepared. This isn’t a team of kids anymore. They are grown men who have played years in this league. 

they don’t deserve a pass, ever again. 

11 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I presume they’re in just as good shape as the Devils.

I think they look slow and behind the play because they lack confidence in what they’re doing.

Or it’s because they don’t compete hard enough.

Or it’s because the opposing players are better than them.

It’s likely a combination of these factors.

They should have come out like a bat out of hell. Show their new coach and fan base that they are ready to kick ass. Nope, not these mental weaklings. They’re afraid. Well, it’s time to ***** or get off the pot. You’re in the big boy league now. Play like it. 

Edited by Sidc3000