Fire Adams

GASabresIUFAN

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

This mess is on him and him alone.  Fire him now before the season gets away.  

For clarity, in 24 hours and based on one game, you have gone from predicting a 97 point season to firing the GM?  That’s some serious volatility. 

Time for my annual reminder that hockey is way closer to baseball than it is to football. Today was like being excited for opening day in baseball only to have your team fall behind 3-0 in the second inning and then generate next to nothing at the plate or on the base paths. It’s disappointing but not necessarily meaningful. Though, of course, statistically speaking, I’m sure bad baseball teams lose on opening day slightly more often than good teams do. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s actually hilarious to consider the concept lol. One game in haha. Imagine.

“Alright. That’s too much losing. Clean out you desk, Kevyn.”

we’d be a laughing stock. Not it the way we are now, the endless target of criticism- we’d be literally laughed at on live tv. If the guy was one loss away from getting canned it would be a physics defying level of ineptitude to employ said GM to start a season. 

“ok you get a 5th season. But if you lose your first game, you’re fired.”

”deal.”

Edited by Thorner
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorner said:

It’s actually hilarious to consider the concept lol. One game in haha. Imagine.

“Alright. That’s too much losing. Clean out you desk, Kevyn.”

we’d be a laughing stock. Not it the way we are now, the endless target of criticism- we’d be literally laughed at on live tv. If the guy was one loss away from getting canned it would be a physics defying level of ineptitude to employ said GM to start a season. 

“ok you get a 5th season. But if you lose your first game, you’re fired.”

”deal.”

Firing Adams wouldn't fix this season. But I wouldn't care if it happened.

Would it have an affect on my Sabres spending habits, which is why the team exists, as a financial business? Nope. I won't buy merchandise or spend to go to a game until the culture changes.

Should Adams be fired? In my opinion, yes, after 4 seasons with no real tangible progress with the end result, absolutely he should've been released at end of last season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

For clarity, in 24 hours and based on one game, you have gone from predicting a 97 point season to firing the GM?  That’s some serious volatility. 

Time for my annual reminder that hockey is way closer to baseball than it is to football. Today was like being excited for opening day in baseball only to have your team fall behind 3-0 in the second inning and then generate next to nothing at the plate or on the base paths. It’s disappointing but not necessarily meaningful. Though, of course, statistically speaking, I’m sure bad baseball teams lose on opening day slightly more often than good teams do. 

I actually wrote in that post that the team would be 50/50 out of the gate.  I also suggested Adams should be fired.  Unfortunately, I didn’t realize that these fat and happy players wouldn’t listen to Ruff and make a friggin effort.