GDT: Oct 4 Sabres v Devils in Prague 1pm EST New Season... LETS Go!!!

JoeSchmoe

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I think it too soon to react to this one game.  Lindy has had little time in preseason to play his top players against other teams top players.  

The team has a long way to go.  I think they will get better as the season goes on.  That said, it would be nice to see Lindy change a few players for tomorrow’s game.   Another slow start and poor play tomorrow would be a concern.  

You are too used to making excuses. 

Everything about this team was supposed to be this is it. Now we go. This is serious time. We have the players, we have the coach, new captain. Now we work our ***** off and compete and it's all upwards from here. 

No excuse for seeing the same old shite. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Fell asleep 5 min into the game. Woke up in the 2nd period…3-0.  Turned it off.  

Hi Terry!  🖕🏻

This is how I would prefer to go through life 

5 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Give me Kulich. Maybe he’ll be motivated. 

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

It'll be Krebs I think, no?

This matters about as much as a fly on a turd 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, inkman said:

I got a friend named Remy that would like to meet ya

No worries ink. I'm nearly as p issed as you are, probably the same. I only have 4 drinks in me. My wife is a god send, at the start of the 2nd, I tore a muscle in my stomach screaming at the TV. Good thing she did what was necessary to calm me down. I'm fuming over this season opener performance, with a smile thanks to the wife of course, but fuming.

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I'm not writing us off yet.  The Sabres had some good chances.  They didn't get beat down.  But the slow starts and multi goal first period deficits just can't happen like they did last year.  I mean come out tomorrow and be the faster, quicker team.

Nope. Write them off.  A garbage bin full of pussies. Never gonna be the team we want or need just gonna suck at all the right times. 

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

No worries ink. I'm nearly as p issed as you are, probably the same. I only have 4 drinks in me. My wife is a god send, at the start of the 2nd, I tore a muscle in my stomach screaming at the TV. Good thing she did what was necessary to calm me down. I'm fuming over this season opener performance, with a smile thanks to the wife of course, but fuming.

You got a bj for abdominal pain?  She got a sister?  (To be fair, I have no complaints in that department) 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I like him for TV. I'm already watching. I don't need to hear every little detail.

For radio?... it's really bad. I have absolutely no idea what is going on.

I don’t think Dunleavy gets “it.” I don’t want to hear Jasper Bragg acting like a real brat on the penalty kill when we’re being dominated in the third period  of our season opener. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

You are too used to making excuses. 

Everything about this team was supposed to be this is it. Now we go. This is serious time. We have the players, we have the coach, new captain. Now we work our ***** off and compete and it's all upwards from here. 

No excuse for seeing the same old shite. 

I’m not making excuses.  I not surprised that they weren’t ready, that was predictable.   They got beat.  They didn’t make the plays that were there.  They don’t have a winning culture and they let the Devils come to them.  I’m not surprised by that.  There is no switch to flip, there is no magic formula to make them a good team.  They have want it and they have to do it.  

It’s still just one game. They have a lot to learn.   If they win tomorrow I’ll say the same thing.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I’m not making excuses.  I not surprised that they weren’t ready, that was predictable.   They got beat.  They didn’t make the plays that were there.  They don’t have a winning culture and they let the Devils come to them.  I’m not surprised by that.  There is no switch to flip, there is no magic formula to make them a good team.  They have want it and they have to do it.  

It’s still just one game. They have a lot to learn.   If they win tomorrow I’ll say the same thing.  

I want to hug you @Pimlach more. 

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

I want to hug you @Pimlach more. 

All the people calling to play Peyton Krebs is funny.   With KAB out we will see Krebs and maybe Kulich.  None of that matters much though. 

The guys with letters, the big 5  - Dahlin, Tage, Tuch, Muel and Cozens.  They need to set the example and lead by playing good hockey and demanding the best from the others. 

Playing Krebs, Kulich, or any other spare roster guy is not gonna fix what happened today.  That’s up to the big 5.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

All the people calling to play Peyton Krebs is funny.   With KAB out we will see Krebs and maybe Kulich.  None of that matters much though. 

The guys with letters, the big 5  - Dahlin, Tage, Tuch, Muel and Cozens.  They need to set the example and lead by playing good hockey and demanding the best from the others. 

Playing Krebs, Kulich, or any other spare roster guy is not gonna fix what happened today.  That’s up to the big 5.  

Literally only saying it cuz Kubel is injured. Don't think it improves the team one damn bit.

• Agree 2