GDT: Oct 4 Sabres v Devils in Prague 1pm EST New Season... LETS Go!!!

JoeSchmoe

Just now, HumanSlinky39 said:

It absolutely is Pegula. Pegula should not be making any decisions that directly impact the team like hiring a GM. There needs to be a buffer. He needs to hire a President of Hockey Operations (and a good one) to make those calls. He should be 100% hands off.

I understand the irony that he would choose the guy that makes those decisions, but what can I say? 

This is a different discussion, but the way the team is playing, we might as well talk about it.

I really think that he think he KNOWS hockey 80% as well as anyone he hires.  So maybe he would admit they spend more time on it than him, but he WANTS to be involved in every decision, pretty deeply involved. We know that happened in the past, some hope it isn't happening now but I don't know.

I think Adams can be a decent GM. But I think he was hired because he makes Terry feel good. He talks to Terry and makes him feel like he is being heard.  The talks highly of Terry.  He's not going to 'talk back' to Terry, he's not going to tell Terry when he is really being more of a distraction to the team.  

Again, this probably did happen in the past..does it happen now? I'm not sure, but it 'feels' like it still does.

1 minute ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

It absolutely is Pegula. Pegula should not be making any decisions that directly impact the team like hiring a GM. There needs to be a buffer. He needs to hire a President of Hockey Operations (and a good one) to make those calls. He should be 100% hands off.

I understand the irony that he would choose the guy that makes those decisions, but what can I say? 

Yes, I concur, it starts at the top. I have to believe it pains Terry to see the past 13 years, but making decisions matters. Stop, just stop. Hire the top guy to lead an NHL franchise, throw the money truck at him. Then put back, mouth shut, ears open, and let it happen.