JJ Peterka, What Do We Have In This Player?

bob_sauve28

How good will JJP be?   

64 members have voted

1. 1. How would you categorize his potential?

• Total Superstar--like a top ten player in the league in scoring
    • Second tier star--top 50 scorer
    • Upper Middle level, Blah Ya sure, he will get his points, but this guy isn't a checker, defensive player or penalty killer, so just a really good player
    • Overrated soft and not that great, probably drives a Dodge
    • Flash in the pan, he won't be around long. I can already look into his eyes and see him laughing at the league, which he no longer takes seriously
  2. 2. How many goals will he score?

• Over 50
    • Just Over 40
    • Just Over 30
    • Just Over 20
    • Just Over 10
  3. 3. Who is going to have a better "Overall Career" Beson, Quinn or JJP? No I will not define "Overall Career" you do it.

• Benson
    • Quinn
    • JJP
    • Yo Mamma

22 hours ago, LETSTUCHINGO said:

Any news on JJ's injury and his potential length of absence?

No.  But Puckpedia is listing all 3 injured F's as being "day to day" with an expected return date of the Kings game for whatever that is worth.  (Considering the Sabres website doesn't even mention that Rousek, Clague, and Reimer were waived yesterday; it would appear to be a more accurate source than the direct from the horse's mouth site. 😉 )

Also, though haven't seen anywhere that Gilbert was waived to the Amerks, he's listed at PuckPedia on the Non-rostered Reserve list so apparently he got waived today (as teams have to be down to 23 rostered players later today).  So, at least for now, Kulich is a Sabre, Gilbert is an Amerk and the Sabres technically have 14 F's but 3 of them are nursing injuries.

EDIT: And it turns out Gilbert wasn't sent to the Amerks.  Instead Aube-Kubel was put on IR.

Edited by Taro T

On 10/7/2024 at 12:07 PM, Weave said:

What hit?  That was interference.

angry family guy GIF by HULU

I didn’t even think it should have been that. JJP has the puck, just passed it, then skated into a stationary player.

I still find it baffling.

3 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

He did not have the puck, skated, and then got hit in the head by an illegal hit. Don't see how this is not a major penalty and a suspension. NHL says they are serious about protecting players heads, but this happens

If you back up and play it at real speed, I didn’t think it was late. He is the one who passed the puck.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

If you back up and play it at real speed, I didn’t think it was late. He is the one who passed the puck.

The puck is already on someone else stick and they are making a play with it. So you don't even think it was interference? 

It wasn’t late. If JJ doesn’t stay down, there is no way they stop the play and call interference. They let way later hits go uncalled. That’s all I’m saying.

I would love to one of our guys actually make a play like that.

8 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

He did not have the puck, skated, and then got hit in the head by an illegal hit. Don't see how this is not a major penalty and a suspension. NHL says they are serious about protecting players heads, but this happens

In the NHL, the way you protect players from dangerous hits like this is you:  

1.) Blame the player who was hit for “not keeping their head up”; and

2.) Require the player who threw the hit, whether intentionally dirty or not, to exchange punches to the head with a player from the other team, who in turn will be shamed for not being aggressive enough in punching the offending player in the head and accepting punches to his own head. 

Problem solved. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

After skating a few strides 

It wasn’t even a quarter of a second. We can cry about how the game is called (like we’ve been doing for decades) or we can get players that actually play the game the way it is called.

33 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It wasn’t even a quarter of a second. We can cry about how the game is called (like we’ve been doing for decades) or we can get players that actually play the game the way it is called.

So JJ got caught “admiring his pass” for less than a quarter second? 

The problem with the hit was that the taller player lunged upwards to hit JJ, thus exacerbating the impact. If he had remained level and hit him it would have been ok. If the league was serious about reducing head injuries they would rule against such hits even if they’re borderline, so that players wouldn’t make that extra move to increase the impact.

• Agree 1